Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Job Opportunities at VSO Tanzania, BDS Delivery Support Consultant
Location: Lindi, Mwanza, Mtwara, Iringa and Mbeya, Tanzania
Consultant Agreement, 3 months with possible extension
Full Time, 40 hours per week
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The BDS Delivery Support Consultant will support the Tanzania Local Economic Development project (T-LED), which aims to increase the benefit to local communities in Tanzania of investment in the extractives and agriculture sectors.
The BDS Delivery Support Consultant, will support the T-LED regional team and also the national T-LED project. The BDS Delivery Support Consultant will:
Support the international advisors in the delivery of trainings to SMEs, by adding value through translation support and local context.
Contribute to the development of and improvements of training content, materials and delivery methods.
Lead and/or co-facilitate delivery of training and coaching sessions with SME owners/staff
Participate in capacity building activities associated with partner organisations (SIDO, TCCIA & TWCC).
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• Bachelor’s or Post Graduate degree in a related field (e.g. Business Management, Financial Management, Education, Health, Safety and Environment, Economics,
• 1 – 3 years working in related industry or field of expertise.
• Highly desirable, demonstrated experience in delivery training, mentoring or coaching.
• Demonstrated ability to develop quality documentation
• Must have excellent Ki-Swahili and English language skills, oral and written
• Ability to work in a team and carry out tasks assigned
• Able to demonstrate leadership qualities when required
• Ability to work independently and prioritise own work load
• Able to be flexible and travel significantly
The consultant must be a team player with good social and interpersonal skills and networking abilities. S/he should be able to handle conflicts in a constructive consultative way.
S/he should have a flexible personality, adapting easily to new situations.
Travel around project region will be required.
Those that falls under ICS Alumni, will have an added advantage
Online application, click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.