Wednesday, 24 August 2016
Job Opportunity at Acacia Mining, Laboratory Technician
Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Laboratory Technician based at North Mara Gold Mine in Tanzania. This role reports to the Environmental Section Leader and the role holder will be accountable to perform various laboratory analyses, sampling, including sample preservation and QA/QC in line with standard operating procedures and rules/ regulations.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six weeks on and three weeks off.
• Conduct laboratory analyses and field analyses.
• Conduct water/ segments/ air sampling and laboratory sample preservations / standard preservation.
• Quality assurance and quality control of the laboratory.
• Ensure adherence to all Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures and rules/regulations, and provide advice and updates to the Laboratory Supervisor regarding routine performance of the laboratory.
• Monitoring of chemicals inventory in the laboratory.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, good housekeeping, incident/ accident/ hazard/ near miss reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure compliance with the Material Safety Data sheets (MSDs) associated with the material/chemical in use.
• Inspect Chemicals/ stock solutions/ laboratory materials in use on a daily basis.
• Maintain monitoring schedules, and ensure proper and updated laboratory document control and record keeping, including laboratory log sheets.
• Assist in daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sampling and analyses.
• Ensure proper management and use of laboratory equipment and tools, reporting any defects to the Laboratory Supervisor/ Environmental Chemist.
• Updating the laboratory database for water quality.
• Ensure proper communication of anomalies that arise during analyses.
• Certificate/ Diploma in Water Laboratory Science or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
• 2-4 years’ experience in a Water Quality Laboratory.
• Significant experience in ISO Accredited Laboratories.
• Exposure to the mining industry.
• Valid Tanzania Driving license
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Detailed knowledge of laboratory practices, tools / equipment.
• Water Quality sampling and laboratory analysis.
• Safety conscious.
• Intermediate computer skills in MS Office.
• Clear and effective communication skills in written and spoken English.
• Report writing.
• Excellent planning, organization skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities and the self-discipline to achieve tasks on time with minimal supervision.
Online Application, Click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.