Maendeleo Fund Monitoring and Evaluation Intern-079165
Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Maendeleo Fund Monitoring and Evaluation Intern based at our Dar es Salaam Office. This role reports to the Chief CSR and Environmental Advisor and the role holder will be accountable to help us assess the impact of our work on local communities. This will entail establishing a current baseline but will also try to build a retrospective baseline to show how key developmental indicators have changed over the life of Acacia’s mines.
This is a three (3) month fixed term contract role.
- To create a historic record of key development indicators at Acacia’s three mine sites and exploration locations.
- To help develop a Results Framework and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan.
- To monitor the success of the strategy at the Goal and Outcome level but also to track activities and outputs against operational plans.
- Conduct research into ‘best practice’ monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Recommend options for how data is collected, by whom and how it is stored for maximum ease of use.
- Explore external best practice on how data might be presented to key audiences.
- Assist with ensuring that the Maendeleo Fund adopts an open and inclusive learning culture that ensures that lessons and experiences inform future practice and improve impact.
- To monitor the operational effectiveness of the programme to ensure that we are on track to deliver the committed outcomes
- To compile a written report highlighting best practice, theory and listing baselines (for the 3 existing mines and exploration sites) against key outcome indicators identified.
- Degree in Statistics, Impact Assessment or Development, or Operational Research or any other relevant subjects.
- A Masters Degree in a relevant subject will be highly advantageous.
- Previous experience with evidence based research to inform policy and practice.
- Experience with developing and working within Results Frameworks / Logical Frameworks / Theory of Change;
- Experience with enterprise based development, Social Investment and Community Development.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Data gathering and analysis
- Report Writing
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good team player
- Good, independent judgment
- Ability to think creatively
- Knowledge of global development trends and how the ‘Sustainable Communities’ strategy sits within this broader picture
Online application, click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.