Duty Station; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension based on performance
Africare, a US based non-government organization headquartered in Washington D.C, is seeking applications for a qualified person to fill the position of IT Officer, stationed in Dar es Salaam.
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the incumbent independently performs tasks relating to
development, implementation, and maintenance of information technology including needs analysis, application development, data conversion, system testing, and performance monitoring.
- Creates user network and email accounts, troubleshoots problems with accounts, network right, server stored documents, server and hardware, performs general and routine maintenance and repair on and configuration of network servers, performs updates and daily backups, assists with installation and non-routine server maintenance and repair, and assures functioning of accessories and other electronic devises.
- Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal when appropriate.Updating and Troubleshooting
- Provides troubleshooting, problem analysis assistance and instruction to users with computer problems remotely or at the user's workstation, determine user needs, recommends and implements solutions to ensure minimum delay and effective operation for systems users.
- Regularly checks for and updates anti-virus, malware and anti-hacker systems, distribution to servers and workstations, and maintain updated and accurate IT inventory of all hardware and software items.
- Develops, maintains and updates technical documentation such as system configurations, procedures, problems fixes, technical specifications, vendor support contracts/ procedures and disaster recovery procedures, develops, updates and distribution user instructional documentation and tutorials to users.
- Manages databases and customization of web-based software systems.
- Maintains and repairs workstations including personal computers, hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science/ Engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, and software systems and programs.
- Experience in computer networks, network administration, E-mail/ internet protocols.
- Effective communications skills, customer care skills, innovative and attentive to detail..
- Ability to undertake prompt diagnosis, solve technical faults and support remote users.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning; and District Health Information System (DHIS2) as added advantage.
Interested applicants should send their resumes and a cover letter not later than 16:00 hours on Wednesday 2nd September 2016 to:
Plot No. 116 Galu Street,
Ada Estate -Kinondoni;
P.O. Box 63187,
Dar es Salaam
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.