Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension based on performance
Africare, a US based Private Voluntary organization headquartered in Washington D.C, is seeking applications for a qualified person to fill the position of Human Resources Officer for Africare Tanzania, based in Dar es Salaam.
The incumbent is expected to embody proactiv& assurance of the integrity and excellence of Africare/ Tanzania's human resource management
function thereby providing timely technical advice to the Director of Finance and Administration. He/she will oversee all human resource issues with a close feedback to the head of the department.
- Oversee all personnel management, actions -and payroll records in accordance with Africare and Government of Tanzania policies and procedures
- Manage recruitment of required staff in relation to the ongoing operational needs and project requirements, in accordance with Tanzania labor laws, good practice and organization's procedures.
- Guide africare staff to contribute as fully as possible to the development of the organization's programs.
- Maintain and update all personnel records/files including salary, and annual and sick leave compensation
- Assisting getting Africare Country Office priorities, supervising Human Resource Assistant, Front Desk Officer, Drivers, Office Attendants and Gardeners
- Prepare Quarterly Host Country National Personnel Reports as required.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of administrative staff based on the Tanzania labor regulations.
- Support the induction. •of administrative staff as required; provide technical and administrative line management to staff under his/her supervision
- Assess technical capacity needs and skills gaps across all Tanzania staff.
- Facilitate technical capacity building for administrative staff both at country and up-country offices.
- ]Set annual targets for each staff in consultation with the staff; maintain ongoing monitoring of the performance of staff against targets; and take corrective measures where targets are not met.
- Supervise performance appraisals for all staff in accordance with Africare Staff policies.
- Develop annual staff development plans taking into consideration areas of weaknesses and skill gap noticed during appraisals and from staff career plans.]Maintain good and productive relations with Africare/HQ, managers and donors
Minimum Requirements ..
Degree in Human Resources Management
Demonstrated knowledge of Tanzania employment laws and regulations
- Understanding of Human Resources policies and procedures in the NGO sector
- Experience to establish, maintain and disseminate written policies and procedures regarding human resources and employment with Africare/Tanzai1ia Program
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal skills and teamwork orientation -sensitivity cultural diversity issues
- Flexibility and communication skills which motivate and inspire employees to high level performance
- Ability to effectively use basic computer applications: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in both oral and written English and Swahili -
Interested applicants should send their resumes and a cover letter not later than 16:00 hours on Wednesday 2nd September 2016 to:
Plot No. 116 Galu Street,
Ada Estate -Kinondoni;
P.O. Box 63187,
Dar es Salaam
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.