Let’s start with a few questions…
● Do you love all things audiovisual and geek out over the latest trends in videography?
● Do you enjoy taking digital marketing campaigns and pulling resources together to turn those
ideas into highquality visual media productions?
● Is “Execution” your middle name?
● Are you flexible, open to change, and ready/willing/able to manage lots of moving parts?
● Do you want to work with a fastpaced company that is on the cuttingedge of digital innovation
in East Africa?
If the answer to all these questions is “yes!” then let’s talk.
AIM Group is looking for a Visual Media Producer to turn the BIG ideas of our clients into a reality.
About The Job
● This position reports to the Director of Videography and will work closely with the Video,
Design and Strategy Teams.
● You will be responsible for the execution of one or more simultaneous projects in accordance
with a valid, executed contract, per AIM Group policies and procedures.
● You will collaborate with the director, account manager, copywriter, art director and other
company leaders to determine the video’s creative direction, production requirements, budget
restrictions and implementation plan.
● You will manage daytoday activities of the video team to ensure each project remains on
schedule and on budget.
● You will create production plans, schedules, cost estimates, prop/wardrobe lists, location
scouting, and casting throughout the life of a project using daPulse, Google Docs and any
other tools that make our lives easier.
● You will provide routine status reports to account managers and other management.
● You will offer leadership, guidance and motivation to the video team while resolving internal
conflicts, working through lastminute deadlines, late nights, and weekends.
Our Ideal Candidate...
● Is experienced. You’ve been a fulltime project manager or production manager. You’re a
seasoned professional. You have a tried and true system for successfully delivering on time,
within budget, and within scope.
● Is passionate about visual media. Since you will be project managing the audiovisual team
therefore, you will need to know a thing or two about video production, lighting/sound,
photography, budgeting, storyboarding or editing. It is important you are passionate about one
of the following: videography, photography or audio!
● Writes and speaks fluent English and Swahili. This is essential to the role as we service
Tanzanian clients yet all of our daytoday communication is in written English.
● Is an actionoriented, problemsolver. You can manage multiple projects, set priorities, pull
together the resources you need, and execute. You hold yourself and the team accountable to
get the job done and you regularly communicate updates along the way. And, if you get stuck,
you speak up.
● Thrives in the face of challenge. Yo u will have the opportunity to work on some big, exciting,
cuttingedge projects none of which will be easy. It may require extra hours or late nights but
that’s what gets you energized you enjoy completing a project on deadline and doing it well.
● Is a confident, motivating, teamoriented, people person. L et’s face it, in order to get other
people to execute on your projects, you must be able to easily build relationships and
credibility. You earn and give respect and embody trust so that you can steer the team in the
● Is great at communication. From status reporting to conversations with the strategy team to
manage client expectations, you understand the technical details of the video production
lifecycle and can liaise between technical and nontechnical stakeholders. Experience with
DaPulse and Google Docs is a plus!
B.A. or B.S. in a related field such as Visual Media, Radio/Television/Film, Project
Management/Operations, Digital Marketing or equivalent education and experience.
Apply for this Job
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to be considered for an
interview. Also, under the signature line in your cover letter, please tell us your favorite color — we ask for this to identify how detailoriented you really are!
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.