Job Vacancy –Camp Management Assistant
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. As part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC work in the sectors of camp management, community services and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta, Mtendeli and Nyarugusu camps.
In order to fulfill DRCs staffing needs for new operations in Tanzania, we are opening the following position for Tanzanian nationals, based in Nyarugusu camp in Kasulu.
A Camp Management Assistant, under the management and supervision of a Camp Management Supervisor and in close collaboration with the camp-based government coordination bodies will be responsible for overseen camp management activities in the camp.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Supervise refugee incentive workers;
- Monitor and support the coordination of services and assistance in the camp;
- Develop and strengthen community governance structures and mechanisms;
- Identify gaps in service provision to refugees, proactively referring issues to relevant forums;
- Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders, and ensure community participation and mobilization in camp management
- Ensure diversity and inclusion and ensured that protection considerations are mainstreamed across all sectors;
- Receive and handle complaints and feedback from beneficiaries and refer to relevant actors;
- Oversee and ensure that NFI distributions are conducted in an accessible and accountable manner;
- Work in close collaboration with refugee stakeholders (Community Leaders, Elders, Representative Committees…) to ensure a wide acceptance of camp management activities in particular and facilitate dispute resolutions regarding the provision of humanitarian services in general.
- Ensure Camp management implementation is compliant with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the DRC Code of Conduct (CoC);
- Write reports as required by supervisor;
- Ensure daily verbal feedback on urgent issues reported;
- Participate in camp coordination meetings as well as meetings with refugee leadership committees;
- Any other duties to support camp management activities assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum post-secondary diploma in a relevant field;
- 1-3 year relevant work experience;
- Previous experience working with refugees or other vulnerable populations;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
- Flexibility in working hours when needed;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
- Ability to communicate and write reports in English;
- Language ability in Kiha, Kirundi and French considered and advantage.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and conditions in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Tanzania and based on UNHCR Tanzania’s salary scale for IP National Staff.
Duration of employment: 6 months with possible extension based on performance and funding availability.
Location: Nyarugusu camp, Kasulu.
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter and updated CV in English addressed to the DRC Kibondo Office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before the deadline, and interviews will be held as suitable candidates present themselves. Deadline for applications is 08.09.2016.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age.
For further information about Danish Refugee Council, please go to www.drc.dk.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.