Operating since July 2011, EFC TANZANIA MICROFINANCE BANK LIMITED provides financial services to micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSMEs) and is the first deposit taking microfinance institution to be licenced and regulated under the Bank of Tanzania’s Microfinance Company Charter.
The purpose of the Entrepreneurs Financial Centre (EFC) is to provide increased access to specialized financial services for entrepreneurs while contributing to wealth creation, improvement of living conditions and development of the Tanzanian private sector. Owned by international and local investors, EFC Tanzania is distinctive in its emphasis on local development through a collective ownership scheme.
EFC Tanzania through its expansion program and in an effort to serve its clientele better, is looking to fill the following positions in Dar es Salaam:
Bank Agent (1 Post)
The Bank Agent is primarily responsible to:
- Comply with the EFC Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct at all times;
- Politely informing and assisting new customers in the account opening process;
- Reporting to the Branch Manager the number of newly opened accounts at the end of each day;
- Ensuring that all the required documents are completed, signed by the client and filed as prescribed;
- Giving the supporting documents, forms, reports and any other document required to the Branch Manager;
- Perform all marketing and sales related tasks for the mutual benefit of the customer and the EFC;
- Engage customers with enthusiasm, strong product knowledge, respect and courtesy and assure they are provided with appropriate information concerning EFC products and services;
- Assist Credit Officers in prospecting activities to identify potential clients for loan products.
- Sharing his or her knowledge with new employees/trainees as applicable;
- Performance of any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Branch Manager.
Qualifications & Requirements (i.e. education, skills and experience)
The Bank Agent requires good practical knowledge of product and service sales in the financial services sector and the foresight to see how the related intricate day-to-day activities link with and support the achievement of the vision and mission of the EFC. In this regard, specific qualifications and requirements include:
- College Diploma in Business related studies;
- A minimum of one years of relevant experience, preferably in the financial services sector;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build rapport with customers;
- Ability to meet sales targets and deadlines.
EFC Tanzania seeks to hire qualified and experienced candidates who are strongly oriented towards personal and professional development for career advancement and can actively participate in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest explaining their motivation for the position applied for together with their Curriculum Vitae, three professional references and copies of academic certificates/diplomas.
Applications will be received until 2nd September 2016 addressed to:
The Human Resource Department
EFC Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
2nd Floor, Letsya Towers
59 New Bagamoyo Road
P.O. Box 11735
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short listed for an interview will be contacted directly.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.