Operating since July 2011, EFC TANZANIA MICROFINANCE BANK LIMITED provides financial services to micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSMEs) and is the first deposit taking microfinance institution to be licenced and regulated under the Bank of Tanzania’s Microfinance Company Charter.
The purpose of the Entrepreneurs Financial Centre (EFC) is to provide increased access to specialized financial services for entrepreneurs while contributing to wealth creation, improvement of living conditions and development of the Tanzanian private sector. Owned by international and local investors, EFC Tanzania is distinctive in its emphasis on local development through a collective ownership scheme.
EFC Tanzania through its expansion program and in an effort to serve its clientele better, is looking to fill the following positions in Dar es Salaam:
Credit Manager-SME (1 Post)
The Credit Manager-SME is primarily responsible to effectively identify, mitigate, and monitor risks in the EFC credit operations. In addition, s/he leads and supports the marketing and sales of EFC products and services to micro and small business entrepreneurs and contributes to the development and achievement of business plan objectives.
The main responsibilities will include:
• Provide a strong day-to-day leadership and management presence to all staff that encourages an ‘open door’ team environment;
• Collaborate with and support the Human Resources Manager in matters pertaining to departmental recruitment, training, development, employee relations, supervision and performance evaluation;
• Support departmental staff skill development with a focus on strong customer relationship and service quality orientation to facilitate the consultative sale of EFC products and services and the identification and exploitation of business opportunities (existing customers and prospects);
• Support the development and implementation of effective business development, portfolio quality and loan recovery strategies including identification of geographic and sectoral growth opportunities and priorities;
• Implement strategies and operational plans to ensure EFC growth, profitability and achievement of all related performance indicators and employment of necessary corrective actions as required;
• Regularly review and ensure application of policies, procedures and internal controls relevant to the scope of authority and accountability of the position and submit appropriate improvement plans and strategies for consideration and approval as required;
• Provide departmental status reports as required.
• Monitoring and controlling the performance of all loans and overdrafts including staff loans;
• Monitoring and controlling the performance appraisal of all Credit and Recovery Officers and Analysts and making recommendations to the Human Resources Officer;
• Analysing loan arrears rates on monthly basis and trends on a weekly basis;
• Devising, and keeping a regular branch visitation roster in order to assess lending activities and performance;
• Crosschecking and confirming the accuracy of all data, facts and figures to be presented to the Credit Committee;
• Submitting monthly credit statistics and reports to the MD;
• Submitting quarterly summary reports to the MD on overall lending performance;
• Performance of any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the MD.
Qualifications & Requirements (i.e. education, skills and experience)
The Credit Manager-SME should absolutely have good practical knowledge of credit portfolio management in the financial services sector and the foresight to see how the intricate day-to-day credit related activities link with and support the achievement of the mission and vision of the EFC. In this regard, specific qualifications and requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Finance/Economics;
- A minimum of three-five years’ experience lending to entrepreneurs in the micro and small enterprises sector;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent planning, organising and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation;
- Good leadership, conflict management, negotiation and team building skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest explaining their motivation for the position applied for together with their Curriculum Vitae, three professional references and copies of academic certificates/diplomas.
Applications will be received until 2nd September 2016 addressed to:
The Human Resource Department
EFC Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
2nd Floor, Letsya Towers
59 New Bagamoyo Road
P.O. Box 11735
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short listed for an interview will be contacted directly.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.