FEED the CHILDREN OFFICE IN TANZANIA
MARA CARE GROUP PROJECT
REPORTING TO: Food and Nutrition Manager
WORK LOCATION: Based in Serengeti (Mugumu)
DEADLINE 12TH AUGUST 2016
FEED the CHILDREN offers equal opportunity employment to all qualified applicants, without
taking into account: race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, disability
or physical handicap. Feed the Children complies with all laws that are applicable to nondiscriminatory employment. Please note that all candidates will need to abide by FEED child
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide Health and Nutrition information, facilitates organized, participatory learning
sessions to promoters under direct supervision of the coordinator.
- Coordinates with project partners, project staff, the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders on upcoming community- and National-level activities and needs.
- Represents the organization in technical working groups and coordination meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for the performance and professional development of Promoters that report to him/her.
- Reviews flip chart lesson plans with Promoters and ensure they understand the information well and can teach the information in a participatory manner
- Collects Promoter reports on a monthly basis, reviews the reports and ensures the information presented is reasonable and complete
- Prepare monthly reports using the information provided by Promoters.
- Maintains a filing system in the project office so copies of Supervisor and Promoter reports, and quality improvement and verification checklists (QIVCs) are easily accessible
- Supervises each Promoter that reports to him/her, conducts QIVCs and completes all sections of the Promoter supportive supervision checklist every quarter
- Ensures that Promoters and CGVs have the supplies necessary to do their jobs (e.g., registers, flip charts, lesson plans)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Diploma in community Nutrition or community work. Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition will be an added advantage.
- Experience in implementation of nutrition programs in a rural setup
- Experience in humanitarian assistance programs.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel and PowerPoint.
- Conversant with the national IMAM and IYCF guidelines as well as high impact nutrition interventions.
- Awareness of community-based approaches to improving nutrition and food security.
- Proven experience in liaising with government officials and other actors / partners
- Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills.
- Good team player, flexible.
- Appreciation of and sensitivity to local culture.
- Able and willing to be in the community 5 days per week
- Excellent written and spoken English & Kiswahili.
If you qualify for the abovementioned position please send your CV (including three
references, one preferably from your last employer) and a Cover letter to
email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please contact 0782 387 170 should you have any querries.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.