Fert is an NGO assisting farmers and their organizations to develop economical services. Fert is implementing a program aiming at improving farmers’ technical and economical environment in Arusha and Kilimanjaro regions. For that purpose, Fert is looking for one qualified person to fill the following post based in Meru District :
• Facilitate groups of farmers to increase their agricultural and livestock keeping skills through training, exchange visits, demonstration plots …
• Advise pilot farmers individually on their productions and the management of their farm and on their role as trainers in their community
• Capacitate groups of farmers and their organizations in planning, good governance and financial management
• Support farmers on development of common services such as input supply, marketing of their products, etc.
• Write regular reports on activities conducted
Qualifications and abilities:
• Tanzanian citizen with good team work capacity
• Holder of a diploma in agriculture/livestock or community development and having at least 2 years of experience in relevant areas.
• Good knowledge of agricultural production (maize, vegetables, coffee) and livestock (poultry…)
• Good communication skills: listening, understanding, expression, facilitation of groups…
• Ability to analyze economical data
• Capacity to plan and anticipate
• Willingness to carry out extensive fieldwork in close link with farmers: the job is taking place in a remote areas
• Language: Kiswahili and English required
• Ability to drive motorcycle
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT will be on contract basis of one year, renewable, with a probation period
TO APPLY, send before the 19th of August 2016 your letter of application, detailed CV, copies of certificates, three references, and a telephone or e-mail contact to “Fert representative » at the following email address : email@example.com
Only applications sent on this address will be accepted.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.