Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Job Opportunity at Good Neighbors Tanzania, Logistic Officer
Good Neighbors is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization that plans, implements, and raises funds for the provision of services in child education, community development, health, sanitation, and disaster relief projects.Good Neighbors International strives to improve lives, especially children lives through education, food, community development, medical care, advocacy and emergency relief since its establishment in 1991.
Good Neighbors is looking for a dynamic individual to join our highly motivated team in the following roles;
Title: Logistic Officer (1 post)
Location: Dar es Salaam
• Ensure all requests made by staff are fulfilled on time.
• Purchase goods and services up to the limits laid out in the GNTZ Accounts Manual.
• Identify and select the most appropriate suppliers to fulfill purchase requests to increase efficiency and achieve greater cost-effectiveness.
• Oversee the procurement and store management functions such as access, stock control systemsand paperwork, ensuring that stock is available for rapid fulfillment of purchase requests, and emergency response and needs assessment kit items.
• Oversee the GNTZ Asset Register, ensuring that all information (i.e. quantity, tracking numbers) is up-to-date and coherent with logistics asset lists.
• Ensure asset management and disposal procedures are followed in accordance with GNTZ requirements.
• Monitor, advise, promote, and train staff in supply chain management, including development of improved logistics systems and systems compliance.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports to submit to the Administration Manager, Managing Director and Country Director.
• Perform any other related activity as assigned by the Administration Manager, Managing Director and Country Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Equivalent
• Experience in field-based logistics role, particularly in procurement and bidding, store management and asset management.
• Excellent communication skills, fluency in English (written and verbal).
• Advanced skills in using MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Internet and E-mail.
• Ability to deliver assigned duties on time and with accuracy.
• Ability to work as part of a professional team.
• Hard-working and demonstrated ability to learn.
• Show excellent level of competence and integrity in work.
• Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with only enclosed Cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good Neighbors Tanzania.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae containing the complete names of candidate, complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and complete contact details of three referees.
• The applications should be sent to this email address:email@example.com
• Deadline for application is 28th August, 2016.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
• For more information, visit our website: www.goodneighbors.kr
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.