Friday, 26 August 2016
Job Opportunity at The Guardian Limited, Application Deadline: 12 Sep 2016
SOURCE THE GUARDIAN AUGUST 25 2016
NAFASI YA KAZI HEAD OF GUARDIAN DIGITAL
The online editor is responsible for generating, editing and monitoring the news content of the Guardian limited publications and has quality control oversight of all digital content which include websites, paper, social media accounts and SMS broadcast content.
REPORTING TO; EXCECUTIVE Editor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead digital news coverage and manage the digital team
- Take responsibility for the news area of the website ensuring consistent high quality good inclusive writing plenty of visual and timely uploads in all digital
- Take a quality control over sight of other website content to ensure clear and logical writing sensible links to connected areas, and striking relevant images
- Hold regular meeting with online journalist and assign them to research and cover news stories features, interviews and other original content
- Originate new idea and propose ways to pull together or link stories mathematically, and geographically to add in depth coverage on issues from social medial accounts of the guardian limited and that of the group company
- Ensure compliance with normal legal framework, including cyber crime and statistics laws copyrights and defamation referring to managing director if in doubt
UNIVERSITY DEGREE OR ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN JOURNALISIM
5 years experience as journalist writing news operations broadcast or print or associated online services possibly a local newspaper or radio/TV station or mainstream website. Some previous supervision of far journalists desirable as well as physical editing website content. Significant expose to the need deliver content quickly, accurately and with flare against the pressure of regular deadliness. Previous experience in an additional or web- related position in online media is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The job requires an able writer of accessible engaging accurate copy who has vision and determination and is able to lead other journalists to produce quality content to deadline. They must have be highly literate IT and web and preferably interested in and skilled at visual layout, and handling photographs. They should be able to work under pressure against deadline.
The online editor will have depth and extensive understanding of news a good instinct for a story, knowledge of visual layout and photography a sound grounding in the legal frame work of journalism and understanding of the social issues that arise. Must be able to use word processing and web publishing software
Proficiency in writing and verbal communication in both English and Swahili
Closing date 12th September 2016 interested individuals meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a cover letter together with detailed CV via below address
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER,
P.O. BOX 31042,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.