Present in Tanzania since 1993, IRC supports the Tanzania institutions – government, civil society, community-based organizations and private sector – to provide improved social services, decrease youth unemployment and mitigate gender based violence. IRC do this through programs and partnerships designed to improve the life of women, youth and children by implementing, Education, Youth, Community Based Rehabilitation and Gender Based Violence programming. IRC has a Country Program office in Dar es Salaam, a Field Office in Kigoma, a Field Kasulu, a Field Kibondo in Kigoma region and Tanga.
Position: Administration Manager (01 post)
Reporting to: Admin/HR Coordinator
Location: Dar es Salaam
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Under the direct supervision of the Admin/HR Coordinator, the Administration Manager, managers and oversees all international travel and visa arrangements. S/he is responsible for the oversight of all lease agreements, services and maintenance relating to all IRC rented properties, and managing the household inventory lists. The position will also be providing technical support to the Administration teams in the field.
- Responsible for the administrative services for the entire IRC operations in Dar es Salaam Office
- Responsible for the analyses and organizational office operations and procedures
- Ensure to update the lease agreements tracking sheet on a monthly basis;
- Manage closely with the logistics department to ensure that accommodation facility is ready to receive visitors at guesthouse and also work with private guesthouses and hotels for accommodation arrangements for staff and visitors.
- Responsible for office space, sitting arrangement, furniture and equipment for all staff
- Oversee the upkeep of a database/contact list for the country offices (office and business addresses and telephones, staff telephones and e-mail addresses), maintain and upkeep an IRC-Tanzania general staff directory and provide staff with updated information.
International Travel and Visa/Permits
- Arrange international travel for all IRC members of country office staff and regional staff, dependants and visitors and ensure that all IRC administrative and logistical requirements are met while processing flight bookings and ticketing.
- Process payments for travel related expenses to the travel agencies in coordination with finance department. Upon receipt of invoices from the travel agencies cross-check whether invoice is correctly reflecting tickets purchased. Initiate payment voucher and submit to finance department. Follow up with finance department to ensure payment is done on time.
- Provide information about arrivals and departures of staff, visitors, or any individual that is visiting the organization at any given time and arrange their accommodation at the IRC guesthouse or hotel as appropriate.
- Check whether visa is needed to the country of travel request and inform the individual about its procurement and cost and also seek quotations for flights.
- Keep record of all copies of boarding passes, tickets, visas, and invoices. Make sure copies of all travel support documentation are available for appropriate filing to related personnel files.
- Regularly do follow-ups with contracted travel agencies and logistics on JNIA, pick-up and drop off. Always cross-check with travel agencies in case of travel time changes and communicates accordingly.
- Ensure that all international staff have valid visas and permits to re-enter and stay in Tanzania according to the requirements of the Government of Tanzania (GoT) Immigration and Labour departments and keep track of validation period of passports, visas, work and resident permits for each staff and initiate extension/renewal processes in a timely manner with the appropriate authorities.
- Keep track of multiple re-entry visas for all regional staff in respect of the regional countries frequently visited and initiate extension process on time.
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
iii. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs Thursday, August 18th, 2016. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your application to Tzfirstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.