Community Health & Social Welfare
TERMS OF REFERENCE: STRATEGIC PLAN DEVELOPMENT1. Background
Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Program (CHSSP) is a five-year USAIDfunded
cooperative agreement led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with consortium partners
Initiatives Inc. and World Education, Inc. The program is implemented in 48 PEPFAR priority districts across 21 regions throughout Tanzania. The purpose of CHSSP is to improve the health, well-being and protection outcomes for HIV affected and other most vulnerable populations through strengthened linkages between health and social welfare sectors.
CHSSP is seeking a short-term consultant to facilitate the development of program strategic plan that
will define the program direction for the next three years to ensure that it clearly focuses on achieving
PEPFAR 3.0 goals.
3. Scope of Work
In collaboration with CHSSP Technical Team the consultant will conduct a strategic plan process to
include, but not limited to, the following specific deliverables:
- Carry out an environmental scan aiming at providing an understanding of how the program relates to its external environment.
- Identify key issues, questions, and choices to be addressed as part of the strategic planning effort
- Review CHSSP core values, vision and mission and develop a shared vision.
- Facilitate CHSSP Technical in agreeing upon key strategies to reach the program goal and objectives and address key issues identified through the environmental scan.
- Develop an action plan that addresses program goal and objectives and work plans on an annual basis.
- Develop a written strategic plan that summarizes the results and decisions of the strategic planning process.
- Build in procedures for monitoring, and for modifying strategies based on changes in the external environment or the organization.
- The consultant is expected to submit final product of the strategic plan 30 days from the award date.
- The consultant will be supervised by CHSSP Technical Director and on occasional basis she/he will receive technical support from Chief of Party.
- At least a master’s degree in Planning and Development including Organisational Development and Strategic Planning
- At least five years’ experience designing and conducting strategic plan development through participatory processes
- Experience in working in HIV Programing
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID/PEPFAR 3.0 and DREAMS strategies and goals;
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation, writing, and general networking and facilitation;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required;
- Technical expertise in at least one of the following: governance, human resources, finance, systems and policies, leadership and governance, strategic planning, communications and resource mobilization.
Interested candidates are required to send a cover letter, current CV and inception note before August
7, 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JSI Research & Training Institute Inc.
Community Health & Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Program/Tanzania
Tel: +255 759 46735413 Pieter's Lane,
Masaki, Dar Es Salaam
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.