Title: PROJECT COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Direct Reports: PROJECT COORDINATOR
Position status: Full-time
Location: Nduta Camp and Nyarugusu Camp
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification
Desirable, university degree
Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
English and Swahili REQUIRED (fluent, oral & written ), French or Kirundi is an asset
- Result ,teamwork ,Flexibility
- Commitment and stress management
- Excellent Computer literate (Word, Excel).
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
All interested applicants should submit a CV with phone number, and supporting documents (diploma copies)
To: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta Camp– please deposit CVs at MSF Offices, Kibondo – MM guesthouse or at Nduta Camp CV box.
Please mark the envelope with PROJECT COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 4PM 27th August 2016.
! Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.