Thursday, 4 August 2016
Job Opportunity at MUCOBA Bank Plc
The bank's Strategic Plan, focuses on increased outreach, use of technology and innovations in delivery channels as a means to reach the unbanked more economically and to improve customer services. The bank's core market will remain rural households, Micro Enterprises, Small Enterprises and Medium Enterprises. The SP also focuses on developing and implementing a financial literacy programme to enhance financial inclusion.
MUCOBA is seeking to hire an INTERNAL AUDITOR to join its management team in order to realize the envisaged results Responsible to the Board of Directors , the successful candidate will direct and coordinate the Internal Audit services with the objective of establishing and operating an efficient -and effective internal audit and verification procedures and systems.
1. Responsible to Board of Directors
2. Develop an Audit Programme for MUCOSA and have it approved and implemented and Review tts implementation periodically
3. Overall in charge of the Internal Audit Department
4. Establishment and operating efficient and effective internal audit and verification systems and procedures.
5. Reviewing the accuracy and efficiency o ~ the accounting systems and controls
6. Advising, development and implementing policies aimed at preventing unethical activities in the Bank
7. Following up and reporting on progress of implementation of internal and external auditors recommendations
8. Dally verification of days work of all Bank transactions and vouchers.
9. Profit and loss account validation
10. Balance sheet items validation
11. To perform any other duties as may be advised by the General Manager or assigned by higher authority (the board).
Education: A good first degree in the field of accounting, finance, commerce, banking, business administration or any other business related discipline with CPA(T) (or equivalent)
Professional Training: In Banking and auditing tor a reasonable time.
Work Experience: At least four years work experience after completing ones education of which at least two years must have been spent in auditing
Attributes: Ability to speak and write good English and Kiswahili and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills Sound knowledge of the development challenges in auditing that encompass risks and compliance
Demonstrates high level of creativity and innovativeness
Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty
Demonstrates clear ability in the use of computers and especially
MS Word, Excel for windows and Power Point
Should demonstrate cooperation and tact when dealing with others Encourages innovation, creativity and flexibiltty in people he/she supervises
Should demonstrate perseverance with good spirit under pressure Inspires and motivates those he/she supervises
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate depending on qualifications and experience.
Application letters with Curriculum Vitae (CV), Copies of relevant certificates and names and contacts of at least three referees should be addressed to the undersigned and received not later than 12th August 201 6.
THE GENERAL MANAGER,
MUCOBA BANK PLC
SOURCE: The Guardian 3 August, 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.