PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children.
PATH accelerates innovations across five platforms-vaccine, drugs, diagnostic, devices, and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs.
Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH is implementing The Better Immunization Data (BID) Initiative in Tanzania, an Initiative based on the premise that better data, plus better decision making, will lead to better health outcomes. The Initiative's vision• is to empower countries to enhance immunization and overall health service delivery through improved data collection, quality and use.
The BID Initiative team is seeking five Field Support Assistants (FSA) to support the team in data quality assessment and data entry for selected health facilities in Arusha region.
The successful candidates will support the team in collecting data from health facilities using the Routine Data Quality Assessment (RDQA) tool and questionnaires. This will entail visiting all district and health facilities and conducting interviews, Data Quality Assessment followed by entering health facility immunization data into a database.
This position will be based in Arusha but will require frequent travel to health facilities in the region; the duration of this assignment is approximately 19 weeks.
Responsibilities will Include: ,
- Conduct in-depth interviews with regional, district and health facility staff as directed by PATH.
- Collect source documents and conduct off site data audit using the RDQA tool for all facilities offering immunization services in Arusha region.
- Maintain data integrity, confidentiality and security of all data collected from the field
- Conduct training sessions related to use' of new systems and associated practices related to data collection, data quality and data use (such as mentoring facility staff to understand and use data, and foster peer learning and support).
- Training health facility staff and/or community leaders on child registration using mobile phones
- Training health facility staff on electronic immunization registry and paper forms.
- Document all field experiences and challenges encountered on daily basis and share with the team leader promptly.
- Facilitate mentoring session to promote attitude and behavior change towards data collection, storage and use.
- Prepare weekly field report to be submitted to the Change Management Lead.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Ability to work independently and as a team with minimum supervision while following instructions, procedures and protocols
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Mentoring, coaching and facilitation skills is highly desirable
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict timeliness
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office with high command in MS excel, word and database. Having a good typing speed is a must!
Degree or diploma in social science, information systems, information technology, health or related field
- Proven experience in conducting health related research and/or field work
Advanced computer skills
Proven experience in entering high volume of data is desirable
- Prior experience in Data Quality Assessment is desirable
- Greater awareness and knowledgeable in use of touch screen mobile/and android devices
To apply for these positions, kindly email (with heading Field Support Assistant -Your Name) your application letter, detailed CV, and
details of at least 2 professional referees to:
Senior Project Administrator- PATH at email@example.com
Please note that PATH is an equal opportunity employer but we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.