Position: Tanzania Installation Operations Manager
Location: Arusha, TZ
Start Date: Immediate
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
PowerGen is hiring an Installation Operations Manager based in Arusha, Tanzania. If you want to be at the backbone of a fast-growing renewable energy organization in East Africa, this job is for you. PowerGen has installed hundreds of renewable energy systems and has installed more micro-grids in East Africa than any other company.
You will be responsiblefor the management and organization of the Installation Team in Arusha, Tanzania. You will work closely with the Head Installation Lead and VP of Installations in managing other Installation Team members.
What You’ll Make Happen:
- Updating Installation Team Utilization Tracker and maximizing the productivity of Installation Team members
- Updating and overseeing the Installation Project Planning document and processes, including organizing team members’ schedules.
- Coordinating with teams on-site and updating management on progress of installation
- Reviewing submitted documentation from Installation Leads and providing feedback of team performance
- Managing NetSuite (PowerGen’s ERP system)on behalf of the Install Team, confirming team members are fulfilling responsibilities with the software
- Management and deployment of tools for each Installation team and trip
- Approving and communicating leave days for Installation Team personnel in Tanzania
- Overseeing the documentation and planning of Installation leads and ensuring all procedures are followed properly
- Supporting Grid Operations Team with operations and maintenance of Tanzanian micro-grid sites
- Support team development and progress as PowerGen continues to grow
What Excites You:
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them
- Opportunity to grow and develop a passionate and committed team
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
You Already Have:
- EWURA Class A / Class S License / Wireman License
- Experience in the energy, clean tech or utility sectors.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Practiced flexibility to lend a hand wherever needed
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
Benefits and Compensation
A competitive package including annual compensation, performance bonuses, health insurance, professional development and team building events. And you'll be working with a dynamic team of brilliant people passionate about electrifying East Africa!
Please send resume, cover letter stating the title of the job on the subject line, and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
More can be learned about PowerGen at www.powergen-re.com.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.