REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
(RFA No. TAHA/008/2016)
CONSULTANCY TO DEVELOP A STRATEGIC PLAN FOR THE TANZANIA HORTICULTUAL ASSOCIATION (TAHA)
TAHA is an apex private sector member based organization established in 2004 with the fundamental role of developing and promoting the horticultural industry (flowers, fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and horticultural seeds) in Tanzania.
TAHA’s goal revolves around ensuring there is inclusive growth and competitiveness of horticultural value chains in the country for social and economic gains of the people and the country at large. The Association provides a strong voicing platform, representing the industry actors i.e. farmers, processors, exporters and service providers while addressing the specific and cross cutting issues of the industry.
TAHA’s vision is a vibrant, prosperous and sustainable horticultural industry in Tanzania. The Association’s mission is to develop and promote the horticultural industry in Tanzania to become profitable, sustainable, and participate more effectively in the development of the country
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a five year Strategic Plan (2016-2020) to ensure that TAHA fulfills its mandate and participate effectively as an engine for horticultural industry transformation in Tanzania.
3. Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to:
a) Review the vision and mission based on TAHA mandate;
b) Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis;
c) Undertake a situation analysis of TAHA operations to date;
d) Through a consultative application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same;
e) Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the TAHA mandate and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations, if any;
f) Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results;
g) Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period;
h) Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic Plan;
i) Finalize Strategic plan and submit to TAHA
• A five-year strategic plan (2016-2020) including a results and resources framework.
• Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops.
5.0 Time Span
This assignment is expected to be carried out for a period of 30 man-days after the signing of the consultancy contract.
The Consultant will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer who is also the TAHA Board Secretary. TAHA will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment including, the MEMART and BYLAWS, project reports, previous evaluation reports, current organization structure, the M&E framework, and the communication strategy, Audit reports, etc. The TAHA shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the Consultancy.
a) Academic Qualifications
At least a master’s degree in a relevant field in the area of Planning, Agribusiness, Trade, Business Management and Administration (MBA), Agriculture Economics, and other related fields.
- At least five years professional experience in strategic planning and management.
- Prior working experience on small and medium enterprises, trade associations, and trade organization development and management.
- Demonstrated experience in working with public , development and private sector partners and other stakeholders in development programs especially in the area of institutional development and transformation.
c) Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- High-level written and oral communications skills in English;
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government, private sector and development partners;
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
- Experience in agribusiness, management, policy development and advocacy and programming-related work.
8.0 Application process
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications in soft copies/ hard copies to; Chief Executive, Tanzania Horticultural Association, P.O Box 16520 Arusha, and email: email@example.com . The application documents should include the following:
i. Detailed Curriculum Vitae
ii. Technical Proposal for implementing the assignment (max 5 pages)
iii. Detailed budget for the assignment
The deadline for document submission is Wednesday, 10th August, 2016 at 4.00 P.M Tanzania Time.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.