Position Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Application Deadline: 12th August 2016
Location Dar- es -salaam, Tanzania Time Flexible
Unleashed Africa: To be a top class pan African provider of excellence, high value services promoting performance arts, business enterprise and youth empowerment. We are fueled by a fierce passion for Africa and a relentless drive to positively influence and impact her development.
The team we are building: Passionate, drive filled African youth out to inspire the world to aspire for
greatness with excellence.
Our Values: Excellence, Integrity, Courage, Wisdom, Service, Innovation
The Marketing managers will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic
marketing plans for Unleashed Africa (and lines of business and brands within the company) in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
Your day-to-day tasks include managing and coordinating marketing and creative staff, leading market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing products/services.
The marketing manager must be a great business leader as well as great marketing leader. You will be
responsible for working with executives to determine budgets and targets, as well as developing pricing strategies for products and services. The executive team of the Company will count on working with the marketing manager to generate profitability and results.
Marketing Manager Duties and Expectations:
The marketing communications manager is typically responsible for:
- Creating and implementing plans to increase market share
- Commissioning or conducting market research
- Overseeing market data analysis and evaluation
- Developing pricing and budgeting strategies
- Collaborating and coordinating with and managing partners - from creative, IT and production to product marketing and legal; to produce effective promotional materials
- Creating marketing presentations for stakeholders
- Obtaining necessary consent and providing final approval on all marketing collateral, products and promotions
JOB DESCRIPTION: Marketing and Communications Manager
- Developing schedules and maintaining deadlines
- The marketing and communications manager is also responsible for managing projects relating to search engine optimization, website updates, social media and email automation.
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organizations
- Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships
- Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press or on the radio
- Managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, enewsletters and DVDs
- Writing and proofreading copy
- Liaising with designers and printers
- Organizing photo shoots
- Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Maintaining and updating customer databases
- Organizing and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- Sourcing and securing sponsorship
- Conducting market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
Key Requirements for a PA:
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
The candidate we are looking for must be passionate about development and inspiring positive change in our world.
Milestone: The goal is simple! To make the business as profitable as possible within the first 3 months of operations.
Interested Candidates should send a CV, cover letter as well as short personal biography (tell us what you haven’t told us in your CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.