Financial Literacy Advisor- 2 Positions
FUNDACION PARAGUAYA is an international NGO that works in the field of education, entrepreneurship and microfinance in several countries in Latin America and aims to support similar initiatives in Africa.
Main Job Purpose:
To support FUNDACION PARAGUAYA’s program objectives by organizing, conducting and supervising entrepreneurial educational programs in Tanzanian secondary schools.
Position in Organization
The Financial Literacy Advisor reports to the Financial Literacy Coordinator
Scope of Job
- Organizing and coordinating the logistics of entrepreneurial education programs in secondary schools;
- Promoting entrepreneurial activities and outlook among disadvantaged Tanzanian youth;
- Facilitating the establishment and operation of student business clubs as vehicles for students to learn entrepreneurial skills and become financially literate;
- Assisting with data collection on entrepreneurial education programs;
- Liaising with teachers and administrators in participating schools;
- Advising the financial literacy coordinator and program manager on how to improve program performance in light of the lessons learned during implementation;
- Regularly communicating with head office, service providers, partners via phone, Skype, e-mail;
- Producing reports according to the reporting schedule and templates;
- Performing any other duties assigned by the management.
- At least two years of work experience, particularly in education, entrepreneurship and financial literacy
- Experience working with disadvantaged youth
- Dynamic behavior, highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Degree in Business, Social Sciences, Education or related field
- Financial literacy skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to interact in a multicultural environment
- High degree of commitment and integrity
- Excellent in written and spoken Kiswahili and English
- Must have experience in teaching and training of young people
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, E-mail, Skype
- Good reporting skills
- Willingness to travel frequently within Tanzania
- Experience as a micro entrepreneur a plus
- Immediate availability to start employment in October, 2016
- Young women and men are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested and qualified candidates should email: email@example.com c.c firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
ii) a letter of one page or less explaining interest in job, and
iii) the names and addresses of three reliable referees
The subject line of the e-mail should read: Financial Literacy Advisor Applicant: [Your Name]
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do NOT send certificates; only CV and letter.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 30 September, 2016 at 5 pm
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.