Source The Guardian.
Regional Manager, TAN ROADS - TANGA is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following posts at weighbridge stations in the Region. In so doing, interested candidates are requested to apply for the posts listed below;
POSITION TITLE: Shift- In-Charge - (4 POSTS)
Key qualifications for the Shift In-charge;
• Holder of 1st Degree in any profession;
• Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
• Must be between 35 and AO years of age
Duties and Responsibilities of shift In-charge
• Supervises Weighing of Motor Vehicles of Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) 3.500kg plying on our public roads;
• Imposes road damage fees on the spot if the vehicle is found overloaded
• Measures physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle, and in case of non-compliance with vehicles dimension limits, the transporter should be caused to seek for a special permit;
• Ascertains compliance to the permit, for the trucks carrying abnormal load with special permit identified by weigh bridge Operators;
• Ensures all necessary particulars are recorded by weighbridge Operators regarding the motor vehicle weighed;
• Observes good customer care, dignity and integrity given to all stakeholders;
• Overall supervision of shift activities
• Reports all matters to the Regional Manager
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Superior.
Applicant who is currently employed in the public service is strictly discouraged to apply
Applicant with partial transcripts, testimonials, results slip or statements of results will not be considered
Applicant who previously worked in any weighbridge station in Tanzania and terminated the employment on disciplinary grounds is discouraged to apply
All interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their hand written applications enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of relevant education, professional certificates and birth certificate together with names of two Referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below by or on 13th October, 2016 at 4:30pm. Applications via e-mails and fax will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Please apply to: Regional Manager,
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.