JOB TITLE: Director of Sales & Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
REPORTING TO: General Manager
Responsible leading the sales department, for revenue production for the hotel, and meeting or exceeding planned revenue objectives for occupancy and average daily rate (ADR). Manages all areas of sales according to Brand standards to achieve a professional rapport within the local business community. The Director of Sales is a “hands-on” manager, actively involved on a daily basis in securing, qualifying and following up on leads to book specific business. The Director of Sales central focus is in sales and the development of his/her sales team.
The Director of Sales should not be required to assume operational responsibilities, but should spend most of his/her times selling the “product” – the hotel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meets or exceeds budgeted REVPAR for the hotel.
- Prepares hotel’s Annual Marketing plan
- Prepares departmental budget that correctly reflects the hotel’s business plan (He/she will start by preparing Pre-opening budget for his/her department.)
- Forecasts occupancy fluctuations and directs selling activities to maximize revenues.
- Knows the hotel’s demand segments, sources of business for each, and balances market segments according to supply and demand.
- Knows the principal competition for each market segment and takes advantage of hotel’s strengths against each competitor.
- Accurately forecasts occupancy changes based on changing market conditions (additions to supply and demand, etc.).
- Supports guest service as the hotel’s driving philosophy.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guests’ needs.
Marketing and Sales Management
- Develops/assists with development of the hotel’s marketing and sales plan based on the hotel’s position and strengths within each market segment. \
- Implements hotel’s marketing and sales plan.
- Analyses and understands the competition’s strengths and weaknesses for each market segment and successfully directs marketing activities against each.
- Identifies and maintains constant communications with the hotel’s key accounts.
- Actively sells room nights through outside sales calls, telemarketing, tours, etc.
- Actively sells to in-house guests (greeting tours, talking with guests at continental breakfast to surface additional leads, etc.).
- Knows the competition well. In addition, is familiar with all “business” in the market, where that “business” stays and why.
- Uses the resources available in the Brand manual to surface, call on, and track potential business.
Human Resources Management:
- Ensures that hotel employees (specifically front desk staff) are familiar with key accounts and “specifics” (special rates, special requirements, etc.) relating to business booked in the hotel.
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Any other duties assigned by The General Manager
WHAT KIND OF PERSON TO APPLY?
- 3-5 years of leadership roles in sales and marketing for complex and unique resorts and/or hotels
- Knowledge of developing and executing sales and marketing objectives and strategies required; preferred experience with online marketing, advertising, and finance/budget planning and management
- A proven track record of driving revenues and brand management through group and leisure sales with the ability to recruit, motivate, train and retain management and sales team
- In-depth knowledge of online marketing, web development, e-marketing, PR and social media
- Clear Driving Licence
- Strong customer service orientation and team player, with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French/ Spanish can be an added advantage
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- College Diploma or degree from an accredited institution; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel + Restaurant Management, or related major or professional area preferred
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of various discipline focused computer programs, including a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Opera
- Hotel opening experience a plus
- Strong financial planning and organizational skills
- PRE-OPENING EXPERIENCE IN SAME POSITION IS A PLUS ADVANTAGE
If you STRONGLY believe you are the one, you can submit your updated Resume with pps photo affixed or attached separately and send to Jonathan at email@example.com
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.