Saturday, 17 September 2016
Job at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Clinical Trails Laboratory Scientist
Clinical Trails Laboratory Scientist
Faculty of Infectious & Tropical Diseases
Salary: £32,647 to £37,477 per annum inclusive
Closing Date: Friday 23 September 2016
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are seeking to appoint a Clinical Trials Laboratory Scientist to be based in Mwanza, Tanzania. The post holder will carry out laboratory immunology work related to a project that focuses on comparing the immunogenicity and safety of one dose of two different human papillomavirus vaccines with the more standard two and three dose regimens of the same vaccine.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
· Processing and preparing samples for immunological assays and undertaking any assays as required.
· Coordinating the laboratory activities of the study, including laboratory testing, ordering of laboratory consumables and assays for the trial, organising sample shipments to collaborating laboratories and training and supervision of at least three local immunology laboratory technicians.
· Developing project Standard Operating Procedures for laboratory immunology activities
· Drafting laboratory reports for the trial team and laboratory progress reports for the trial governance bodies (e.g. Trial Steering Committee, Data and Safety Monitoring Board) and funding agency as required.
· Participating in the data cleaning of laboratory results for the trial, as required by the data manager and statistician.
· Assisting in ensuring that the clinical immunology laboratory meets the requirements of Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
· Establishing an equipment maintenance programme to ensure that all laboratory equipment used in the trial remains fit for purpose and assisting in organising repairs and servicing of this equipment.
· Recruiting, training and supervising Tanzanian laboratory staff and organising the immunology study laboratory to ensure that the trial is conducted to Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) and international trial standards.
The post is funded by MRC/DFID/ Wellcome Trust until 30 September 2017 and is available immediately. Salary is on the Professional Support Pathway Grade 5 scale from £32,647 to £37,477 per annum (inclusive of London Weighting). The post will be subject to the LSHTM terms and conditions of service. Annual leave entitlement is 30 working days per year, pro rata for part time staff. In addition to this there are discretionary “Director’s Days”. Membership of the Pension Scheme is available.
Online application, Click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.