NUMBER OF POSITION: 2
LOCATION: Dar es Salam with frequent travels to the project area
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
CONTRACT: 1 year contract
ADD international Tanzania Program is implementing an Inclusive Education program in 4 District Councils of Pwani Region in Tanzania, whose major goal is increasing opportunities for enrolment of Disabled children into primary Education. ADD international is now seeking highly experienced and qualified candidates to fill TWO positions of Program Officers to support the delivery of the program.
Working in liaison with the program manager, a program officer is expected to;
- Participate in program planning for effective and efficient delivery
- Lead on the implementation of the project activities and outputs as laid out in the project documents as stipulated in the Project Document
- Coordinate with project stakeholders at the grass root level including local authorities, Disabled Peoples Organizations, and program entities.
- Popularize and enhance project visibility to all project stakeholders at Local, District and National level
- Maintain up to date contact with key program stakeholders providing timely feedback to all program stakeholder
- Develop program budgets for effective and efficient resource usage ensuring Value for Money
- Prepare, document and produce program reports and other key project materials
Monitoring and evaluation
- Support the monitoring 6f programme activities to ensure effective project delivery
- Assist in data collection as a way of generating an evidence-based and MIE delivery
- Support the evaluation processes of MIE project activities
- Work with the M&E Coordinator to monitor and share findings with project stakeholders
- University degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Community Development and other related relevant courses Knowledge
- Three years' Experience of community development work
- Experience in project planning and implementation
- Experience in managing relationships with multiple partners and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills,
- Knowledge in computer applications.
- Self-driven and ability to work under pressure independently and• with a team.
- Self-management skills (managing emotions and respect for others).
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Sensitivity to work with disabled people living in extreme poverty
- Excellent problem solving skills
Attitude/ personal qualities
- Flexibility - the Program Officers will spend a significant amount of time in the field, and this may require working additional days in busy weeks.
Interested candidates should send their application (consisting of Covering letter, CV) to;
The Country Director
ADD International (Action on Disability and Development)
Tanzania Program Office: Mikocheni/Warioba; Plot 442, House # 59; Daima Street
P.O Box 33659
Dar es Salaam
OR submit electronically to the email address through firstname.lastname@example.org (email should not exceed 2MBs)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOURCE: The Guardian 6 September 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.