EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIESTITLE: RESEARCH OFFICER / NURSE MIDWIFE- (2 POSTS)
REPORTING: Project Investigator / Project Leader
LOCATION: Dar-Es Salaam, Tanzania
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To collect data at Muhimbili National Hospital and Temeke Regional referral Hospital
according to study protocol.
• To ensure all study related forms are properly and accurately filled and data is entered daily
according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• To provide expertise in clinical research activities to ensure protection, rights, safety and wellbeing
of the patients/study participants.
• To ensure the study is done according to the research ethical Guidelines.
• To ensure that participant's privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
• Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meetings and active participation in
• To ensure the availability and safety of necessary equipment for data collection.
• Maintain appropriate working relationships between the hospital staff and other key unity
within Muhimbili National Hospital, Temeke Hospital and IHI at large.
• Retain high level of public and community support and trust e.g. in relation to research ethics
and effective communication.
• Respond to queries, concerns and issues raised by the supervisor/principal investigator
• Participate and contribute in project report writing
• Undertake any other tasks that the PI /project leader shall reasonably require from time to
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
• Bachelor degree in Nursing / Diploma in Nurse Midwifery / Advanced diploma in Nursing
Midwifery from any recognized institutions.
• Prior experience in clinical research will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work successfully in a team.
• Sensitivity to the economic, cultural and political issues that affects research activities in a
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and yet maintain team work
• Fluent in both Swahili and English
IHI Job Vacancies Sept, 2016 2
REMUNERATION AND MODE OF EMPLOYMENT
• An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates
as per IHI scales.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the above job requirements should send their applications with detailed
curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact address, e-mail, telephone numbers, names of three referees
with their addresses & contacts; also, photocopies of academic and professional certificates with an
E-MAIL HEADING ‘’APPLICATION FOR RESEARCH OFFICER-MEDICAL DOCTOR / NURSE
MIDWIFE / DATA MANAGER’’ to the following address:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
Dar es Salaam.
E mail: email@example.com
The dead line for submission of application is 09th September 2016.Only successful candidates will
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.