Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti, is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the positions of:
Reporters - The Citizen
The job entails going out on assignments as well as use of own initiative to gather news. The jobholder ensures that the news stories submitted are factual, of public interest, detailed and well researched in conformity with journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style.
- Develop reports and writes news and feature stories for the title he/she is assigned to in finished form, SO that no major rewrite is required or no extensive additional report is needed.
- Takes notes on location, carries out interviews, checks facts and tape records as the case may be; writes news or features on own initiative, choice and judgment or at the direction of either the news editor or section editor.
- Briefs News Editor/ Regional Coordinator on stories gathered and write the selected ones within set deadlines.
- Follows news leads and maintains close contacts with news sources.
- Continually builds his/her contacts list and demonstrates its value with consistent exclusive reports or information.
- Responds promptly to news breaks.
- Closely co-operates with photographers from whom he/she orders pictures on the issues he/she covers.
- Coordinates news gathering.
- Prepare daily news coverage docket and forward it to the News Editor/ Regional Coordinator every day
Qualifications and Experience:
Academic Basic University Degree Professional Diploma in Journalism/Mass communication
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by 14th September 2016 to;
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
Dar es Salaam.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.