Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Consultant Agreement, 1 year - part-time basis
Part Time, 1 hours per week
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Duties/ Tasks to be performed
- Content management: Publishing content, maintaining continuity of themes, designing layout, and streamlining navigation.
- Regular website maintenance: Perform regular website maintenance on a scheduled basis. Scheduling at least monthly would be the timeline to start with.
- Website backup
- Monitor website outages: Having a program that will run in the background checking the site on a regular basis.
- Check domain registration Information: Look up what information is recorded to the domain name and ensuring it is correct.
- Test website speed: Testing the download speed of the site regularly and if needed, improving the download speed of the site.
- Link check: Using a link checker to test your external links and internal links at least once a month.
- Update website software and security features
- Analyze traffic stats: Looking at the web server stats to determine the website traffic and sharing periodic information on: pages entered on and left on; time spent on the site; bounce rate; referring sites; countries that visitors are from; keywords/phrase that were used to find the website, etc.…
- Search engine visibility: increasing probability of website showing up on the first page for the keywords/phrase
- Yearly Website Maintenance Tasks: Update time references and copyright in footer of website or other locations; reviewing website domain names and expiration; and scheduling an annual (or quarterly) to review overall web strategy.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• Coordinator must be an individual with prior experience in website maintenance
• Solid knowledge on website security and website maintenance service
• Experience in marketing, design and communications; knowledge of Web design software
Online application, click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.