JOB DESCRIPTION: VOLUNTEER ACCOUNTANT
24th of January, 2006 as a CBO working to cover Shinyanga Region and later
registered as an NGO on 24th June, 2009 by the Ministry of Community Development,
Gender and Children and was issued with the Reg. 00NGO/00003233 under the
NGOs Act of 2002, 12 (2) Tanzania Laws. AACP is a Non-partisan, Non-Religious and
Non-profit Organization geared at promoting human rights and Community
Development. AACP was established with the aim of preventing and controlling
HIV/AIDS and its effects in the community.
In 2009, AACP came to realize that violation of Human Rights in the Community was a
Problem. Since then, AGAPE started working on four core programs which are;
HIV/AIDS control and prevention, child and youth protection, legal aid services
provision, and Prevention of Gender Based Violence (GBV), child marriages and
early pregnancies. In 2014, AACP add another component to its core works of Skilful
parenting to ensure teenage mothers are trained on the best ways to raise their
babies and reduce child abuse cases in the communities.
Organizational Mission: To empower the Community to challenge Human Rights
violation by strengthening their capacity to improve their resources of Income and
reduce poverty, HIV/AIDS transmission, GBV prevalence, Child abuse and advance
its mitigation measures “and the
Organizational Vision: To see the Community is free from Human Rights Violation and
discrimination where Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Domestic Workers, Women,
Youth, PLWHAs and the Community at large live harmonious happy life and Dignity”.
Purpose of the Post: Volunteer - Accountant supposes to be the part of the team
responsible for maintaining efficient and accurate accounting duties.
Roles and Responsibilities/Scope of Work:
● Get involved in receiving, process all invoices, issuing checks, entering cash
receipts and disbursements data into various forms and templates, also process
expense forms and requests for payments from staff.
● Disburses funds from the office's petty cash fund and prepares requests for
reimbursement of the fund.
● Ensure and handle external and internal audits.
● Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly/Quarterly financial information.
● Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
● Ensure monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a
timely and accurate manner.
● Collaborate with the other departments in the organization to support overall
department goals and objectives.
● Assist in development and implementation of new financial procedures and
features to enhance the workflow of the financial department.
● Deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations
are completed on a weekly basis.
● To work as part of a team to achieve the departmental standards.
● To match invoices from suppliers with purchase orders, to ensure prices and
costs are agreed in advance.
● To ensure the optimum utilization of fund.
● To prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements
● To prepare journal vouchers
● To review the Financial Regulations and Accounting Manual and recommend
amendments for improvement
● To manage the accounting systems
● To keep in safe custody under lock and key all accountable documents
● To maintain and update accountable/document register
● To maintains fixed assets register and calculation of depreciations
● To make payment of salaries and other remunerations
● To perform any other financial duties as assigned by Programme coordinator or
● Comply with the Organization Child protection Policy, Gender policy, Financial
Policy, Statement of Commitment to child protection and adherence to
Tanzanian laws and that of our partners (Terre Des Hommes Netherlands and
● Maintain and promote good image of the organization with its associates,
including donors, clients, partners and Local Government Authorities
Additional Job Requirements:
● Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
● Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
● Knowledge and ability in the use of software applications (e.g. quick books, Ms
Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
● Ability to effectively use a modern automated financial management system.
● Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
● Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion
under varying conditions.
Experience & Qualifications
● Bachelor degree in Accountancy, Finance, or Advanced Diploma in
Accountancy from recognized and reputable university
● Candidate with CPA will be added advantage
● Knowledge of Financial Management Rules and Regulations
● Ability to work under a minimum supervision
● Knowledge and experience of using QuickBooks is mandatory
General Application Instructions to all Applicants: Interested applicants should submit
their applications and credentials including CV, and copy of academic
certificates/recognitions in (word or PDF format) electronically stating the post of
interest in the subject heading of your email address and address to the Executive
Agape AIDS Control Programme (AACP),
Email;firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 20th September 2016. Only shortlisted
candidates shall be contacted for interview.
Qualified female candidates areencouraged to apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.