Advisor for Internal Audit
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GiZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GiZ is looking to fill the position of Advisor for
Internal Audit in the Good Financial Governance
Duty station: Dar es Salaam/ Dodoma
Fixed term contract
The Advisor is responsible for
• Managing support to the Internal Auditor's General Division (IAGD) in Ministry of Finance and Planning (MoF) of Tanzania in the context of GiZ's Good Financial Governance Programme (GFG)
• Assisting with complex analysis of technical processes on Internal Audit to facilitate adherence to International Audit Standards issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and the Global and National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA)
• Applying understanding of principles, concepts, practices and standards in the area of Public Financial Management (PFM), Risk Management, Systems and Control.
• Contributes to achieving the objectives of GIZ's Good Financial Governance Programme (GFG) in the Field of Action on Internal Audit.
• Provides technical in-depth advice on Internal Audit processes for IAGD as well as to Internal Audit' units in Ministries, Departments, Agencies, Regional Secretariats and LGAs
• Ensures that high-quality management and professional practices are well established and uniformly applied across Internal Audit activities in the Public Sector
• Promotes norms, standards and best practices of Internal Auditing in' Public Sector in accordance with international standards -
• Assists IAGD in developing performance metrics and monitors the effectiveness of Internal Audit processes and results
• Assists in' strengthening dialogue with high level Government administration so as to have a common understanding of the internal auditors' roles and responsibilities in the public sector
Advices IAGO on how to ensure that Internal Audit activities in the Public Sector are aligned with Government businesses and the risks they face
Provides strategic and organizational advice to strengthen IAGO institutionally assists IAGO to enhance capacity of Internal
Auditors and improve their independence and objectivity.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• A University Degree in a relevant discipline such as economics, finance, accounting, business administration or public administration.
• Ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in Public Sector Auditing.
• Professional Certifications such as Certified
Public Accountant (CPA Certified Internal Auditor (Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Skills and experience in executing control design assessments, identifying and mapping key risks, controls and gaps
• Experience and knowledge in creating, maintaining and interpreting technology policies, standards and procedures, and understanding their impact across organizations
• Significant experience and success in producing effective verbal and written communications
• Skills in using MS Word, Excel PowerPoint, Access and Project
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates in hard copy to GIZ Office,
HR Department, 65 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road
P.O. Box 1519
Dar Es Salaam Tanzania
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.