The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive and reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities.
The IRC leads the humanitarian field by implementing high-impact, cost-effective programs, and by using its knowledge and experience to shape both policy and practice. The IRC works in direct partnership with international and local partners and in consultation with local governments and communities to ensure responsive and timely results. When catastrophe strikes, the International Rescue Committee delivers rapid, lifesaving aid that reduces suffering, restores dignity and jump- starts economic recovery. IRC has been present in Tanzania since 1993 supporting refugees affected by conflict from neighboring countries.
Position: Human Resources Coordinator
Reporting to: Deputy Director Operations
Location: Dar es Salaam
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director Operations, the Human Resources Coordinator coordinates the affairs related to recruitment and retention, staff performance management, staff development (Training) and staff welfare; the position will also be providing technical support to the Human Resources and HR teams in the fields.
The HR Coordinator is a key member of the IRC`s Senior Management Team, providing overall (technical) HR support to senior management in attracting, developing and retaining of high caliber staff. The HR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the consistent and efficient implementation of IRC`s HR policies and procedures and best practices across the country program.
Scope of Work:
The HRC is overall responsible for the HR function, ensures effective and transparent human resources management and quality services to employees quality administrative support function throughout the Tanzania program. The HRC responsibilities include employee policy development and implementation, advising senior management on performance related issues, leading the HR team, workforce planning, benefits administration, training and development, and other HR services.
HR strategy and objectives:
- Linking HR key objectives and priorities to country strategic objectives; coordinating HR practices and priorities across the country program in order to provide and reinforce the recruitment and ongoing development of a competent and efficient workforce.
HR support to senior management:
- Advising senior management regarding legal and staff management issues; participating in discussions about structure and organizational development and change; supporting recruitment of senior positions;
HR planning and monitoring:
- Reinforcing HR reporting and planning; developing HR key performance indicators in order to develop an informed and accountable HR management
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance to HR policies and procedures; coordinating the development of policies, handbooks and supporting their implementation and dissemination;
Training & Outreach:
- Leads and develops the IRC Tanzania Human Resources efforts by ensuring staff understand and apply HR best practices and IRC policy, and engaging staff to foster and implement a creative and productive workplace that actively promotes learning and staff development.
- Building HR management capacities to ensure qualified and trained Human Resources staff across IRC Tanzania as well as efficient and performing HR department delivering timely and accurate services; managing Human Resources staff across all sites;
Technical Management & Systems:
- Efficient & effective human resource and administrative management systems that support the design and implementation of quality programming without compromising compliance.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Ensuring an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package is maintained; developing specific program to attract and retain high performing senior national managers;
- With the guidance of Human Resources at regional and headquarters, oversee the implementation of Human Capital Strategy, staff development policy, programs and tools and link with orientation and performance management plan;
HR tools and practices:
- Ensuring standardization and use of best practices across IRC Tanzania management teams; coordinating the use of Global HRIS in Tanzania.
- Oversee the recruitment process for employees using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce;
- Prepare the annual staff employment contracts as necessary and ensure all staff signs their new contracts annually.
- Ensure that the personnel filing system for national employees is properly maintained
- Monitor the tracking systems for leave for national staff
- Ensure that end of service benefits are paid in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring advise is given to managers and staff on the discipline policy, and related topics
- Oversee the orientation of all new staff and liaise with senior management on the orientation schedule
- Ensure that a representative of the HR team is a member of the selection and interview committees on all recruitments in Dar es salaam and senior staff at Field sites;
- Assist the Country Director with the Performance Management system, to include performance development plans and development of programs and the improvement of those systems;
- Ensure that the in-house training policy and systems that address training needs including staff orientations, needs assessments, management development are in place and adhered to
- Ensure that IRC is in compliance with Tanzania labour laws;
- Assist the Country Director in the monitoring of the salaries and wages structure are in line with approved IRC salary.
- Assist the Country Director to carry out an annual salary & compensation survey to include a market price survey to ensure that IRC is a competitive employer;
- Ensure that all monthly payrolls are paid in a timely manner;
- Responsible for the formulation of procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and supervision of all clerical staff.
- Responsible for the management and use of Workday – IRC’s global HRIS System, ensuring that data is regularly updated into the system, produce monthly reports and liaise with local IT and NY for technical support whenever there are issues with the system.
- Responsible for the administration of the employers liability and the medical insurance schemes for all IRC national employees
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters’ Degree in business administration or similar professional qualification
- At least five years of prior professional experience in a similar post
- Experience in supervising staff
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to organize tasks simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Willing to adhere to and carry out the IRC rules.
- Must be able to handle large workload effectively
- Thorough knowledge of Tanzania labour laws and practices
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
iii. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs Wednesday, September 14th, 2016. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your application to Tzemail@example.com
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.