COMMODITIES & LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL ADVISOR
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For 41 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world's most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego is implementing a number of projects in Tanzania and wishes to recruit Commodities & Logistics
Management Technical Advisor for our Sauti Project.
Position: Commodities & Logistics Management Technical Advisor - 1 position based in Dar
The Commodities & Logistics Management Technical Advisor will provide technical, management and coordination services to Sauti team. S/he will be responsible for accurate planning, implementation, and effective management of all commodities and program assets necessary for the delivery of community -based HIV testing and counseling, family planning, sexually transmitted infections testing and treatment services, and other related services. The incumbent will be responsible for forecasting, ordering, coordinating specialized handling, storage, distribution, monitoring utilization, and reporting of logistics data in line with Jhpiego policies and standard operating procedures. S/he will ensure effective systems are put in place to track inventory from the point of receiving (i.e. Sauti Procurement Team and/or Regional/District Health Facilities), storage, dispatch, and distribution level. S/he will also ensure that the inventory movement and details are tracked up to the disposal level. Tracking will be done in conjunction with the Jhpiego TZ Warehouse/Stores Team and country wide Inventory timely distribution of HIV/FP and other commodities to all Sauti regions; and will collaborate with the Stores Officers located at various Jhpiego warehouses. S/he will also engage with central and zonal SCMS/MSD focal persons to ensure consistent and uninterrupted supply of HIV/FP commodities and other materials. S/he will provide technical assistance to the regional/district authorities by engaging Pharmacists, Laboratory Technologists, Supply Officers, RlDACCs, and RIDRCHCOs. S/he will also be responsible for the preparation and submission of various reports to Sauti leadership, MOHSW, RlCHMT and the donor, and represent Sauti in various national, regional and HIV/FP implementing partners' commodities security and logistics technical working groups.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy [highly preferred], Laboratory Science, Nursing; or equivalent
- At least three (3) years' experience in logistics/supply chain management and/or public health commodities management, especially HIV testing and family planning commodities;
- Experience in Inventory and Asset Management
- At least five (3) years of experience in project management, supervisory duties or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Excel, Word, Power Point) relevant to the work and eagerness and ability to learn Forecasting and Supply planning software (Pipeline, Lab Tool) .
- Excellent report writing skills and high level of computer literacy with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to handle a variety of different assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong .interpersonal communication skills and ability to advocate and bring about consensus with senior government officials and numerous stakeholders;
- Previous experience working with USG funded programs, development agencies, URT and local implementing partner
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to travel up to 60%
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line in your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resource
New Bagamoyo Road, Victoria.
PO Box 9170
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.