REPORTING TO: The Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the Hospital Financial Procedures and Regulations are adhered to throughout the organization
- Maintains a regular check on the accuracy of accounting records throughout the Hospital
- Responsible for verifying the Hospital income from source to Bank and ensuring that the expenditure is properly incurred according to approved policy and efficient charged to relevant heads
- Responsible for evaluating internal controls to ensure that accounting system provides adequate, timely and accurate information, protection against Joss through negligence or otherwise
- Responsible for making recommendations to the Executive Director or Board of Trustees about checks and changes in the accounting systems.
- Regularly reviews all accounting /financial budgeting /planning procurement, IPPM policies and procedures and advises the Executive Director on the necessary revision: ensure implementation by appropriate internal
- Builds an effective liaison with external auditors and facilitates external auditors.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Audit policies and procedures
- Reports immediately any suspected occurrences of dishonesty to the Executive Director of the Hospital. Such reports shall be made both orally and in writing.
- Assists in the optimization of computerization system to develop and implement appropriate databases / system functionality and ensures accurate /comprehensive system utilization.
- Any other assigned duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants to this position should have a Degree in Accountancy or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution with Certified Public Accountant Professional Certificate (CPA) and registered with NBAA.
- A Masters Degree in Finance or Business Administration-with Accounting/Finance option or equivalent qualification is essential
- Must have at least 8 years of practical working experience at a senior level in a reputable Institution.
- Good working knowledge of computerized financial systems is mandatory.
- Strong analytical, communication strategic planning and interpersonal skills demonstrated record of achievement, initiative and highest ethical standards.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili
Applications accompanied a detailed CV and copies of certificates, testimonials and names of three referees, one of which being the immediate/ current employer, should be-addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Muhimbili national Hospital
P. O. BOX 65000,
DAR ES SALAAM
Envelopes should be labeled, "Executive Position Application':
SOURCE: Daily News 6 September 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.