ORGANIZATION: NORWEGIAN CHURCH AID - TANZANIA
POSITITON: PROGRAMME OFFICER – ONE YEAR PROJECT POSITION –IR VICOBA ESTABLISHMENT
REPORTING LINE: PROGRAMME MANAGER
Company/Institution: Norwegian Church Aid
Location: Plot 436, MwaiKibaki Road, Mikocheni, Dar es Salaam
Date Posted: 31 August, 2016
Closing Date: 7th September, 2016
Background – Norwegian Church Aid website: www.nca.no
The Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a Norwegian non-governmental and development organization working to promote Social Justice, Human Rights and Economic Justice for poor communities.NCA has its foundations based in the congregation of churches in Norway, whose efforts are dedicated towards eradicating poverty, its causes and social deprivation. In Tanzania, NCA works in collaboration with local partners.
NCA seeks to recruitdedicated, self-motivated and experienced Economic Empowerment Program Officer to work in a project position under the Economic Empowerment Programme.
Overall objective for position
The project position will support NCA faith based partners in the establishment of a National VICOBA organization, facilitating members of inter-religious VICOBA groups to make use of the power of acting together for market access and procurement, capacity building and policy dialogue.
Areas of responsibilities / Objectives and duties
- Develop a business plan for the establishment of the National IR VICOBA Association. Participate in the initial stages of the business plan implementation.
- Review and recommend possible services that could be provided to the members in light of potential value per member, likely number of members utilizing the service, viability, potential to contribute to financing of National IR-VICOBA, etc.
- Initiate negotiations of beneficial deals with suppliers on behalf of the National IR-VICOBA.
- Advice on the proposed legal structure of entity, with special regards on how the body can have a significant degree of financing from own operations already in 2017 and become financially independent (not grant based) within 3 years.
- Develop a draft time schedule for the establishment, start up date no later than October 2016.
- Cooperate with other NCA staff in dialogue with partners
- Cooperate with other NCA staff in dialogue and mobilization of IR VICOBA groups.
- Contribute to the NCA Economic Empowerment strategic goals in general.
- Travel to attend meetings, training activities, and be involved in building needed partnerships related to the programme
- Tanzanian national with a good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree inBusiness Administration, Finance or Economics from a recognized learning institution.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experienced negotiator
- Proven experience in project management
- At least 5 years of relevant experience (a combination of business analysis, project management, procurement process management/negotiations)
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and written, English and Swahili)
- Confident user of MS Office (incl. Excel and Power Point)
- Knowledge about and network within NCA’s faith-based partners is an asset.
- Familiarity with Inter-Religious VICOBA is an asset.
- The ability to learn fast and adapt to change easily and work under pressure/tight deadlines with minimum supervision. Timely deliveries and good time management are expected.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural settings and being able to interrelate with relevant stakeholders both at the national and sub-national levels. Professional inter-action with NCA head office in Norway and 17 country offices world-wide will apply.
Being a positive and good team player, open to the new procedures and flexible to the changing environment.
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to the address email@example.com. Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of maximum 4 pages. The document name should start with your name and include which position you apply for. E.g. <Mary Juma – Programme manager>. Certificates are not of interest at this stage, but should be brought to 2nd round of interviews. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. First and second rounds of interview will take place between 8-9 September. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) reserves the right not to make an appointment/contact.
Application deadline is 7h September 2016.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.