Project AccountantOCODE – Organization for Community Development, established in 1999, registered in 2003, complied with NGO Act of 2002 in 2011, implementing Education and Community livelihood Programs in Dar es Salaam, is looking for a committed and highly motivated Tanzanian to fill a position of a Project Accountant.
- Maintain adequate, accurate and up-to-date books of accounts
- Prepare payment vouchers and ensure availability of all necessary supporting documents
- Carry out timely posting of financial transactions
- Prepare financial reports to the management and partner organization reports in the required intervals
- Participate in the development of organization budgets and support project staff in the preparation of operational budgets and issues of financial management
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and ensure that they are filed properly.
- Prepare monthly cash flow reconciliation
- Prepare monthly pay roll summaries
- Prepare fund requests to partner organization and respond to partner queries, if any
- Update of fixed asset register at required intervals and ensure timely payment of statutory and contractual dues.
- Ensure that all payments made are in line with the respective budgets organization policy and procedures.
- Procure project necessities
- Oversee that procurement procedures meet donor and OCODE’s requirements and advise on the need of derogation requests
- Supervise and monitor the preparation of procurement work plan
- Monitor and maintain procurement documentation/dossiers, as per donor’s demands
- Supervision and monitoring of all the administrative aspects of the projects (contract in the field, request for quotations, purchase orders) in liaison with the Project Manager
- Inform project management of Tanzanian tax laws and regulations which are relevant to the organization that need to be adhered to.
- Prepare for annual audit
- Any other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
The applicant must be confident with multi-donor accounting and able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. S/he is a good communicator and able to work with others. S/he must be keen to work in an environment of shared learning and innovation and participate in team building activities beyond his/her accounts
- The applicant must be proficient computer/software skills, including command of World, Excell, outlook and Internet Explorer
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience with an NGO is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in at least one accounting package.
- Highly computer literate
Reporting: The Project Accountant will be reporting to the Finance and Administration Officer
Work Station: Dar es Salaam Candidates who meet position’s requirements are encouraged to apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages, contacts details of 2 referees and a cover letter to Director of Programs stating how they meet the key competencies by email to: email@example.com
Please disclose your salary expectation for this vacancy
Applications should be sent before the end of 14th October 2016. OCODE is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Do not send any education certificates at this stage.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.