Position: Inventory Management Associate
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Start Date: Immediate
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
As the Inventory Management Associate you will play a critical role in supporting the company’s core business and operational functions in a variety of capacities. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing all inventory for the Tanzania operation. This is a complex role within PowerGen’s operations and will require initiative and organization to be successful. A more complete – but by no means exhaustive – list of responsibilities is provided below:
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Ensure that goods inward / stock control department is well organized and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business.
- Develop, follow, and maintain a control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence.
- Making and issuing accurate, detailed purchase orders, in conjunction with the Power Assets team, and ensuring they are issued well in advance of stock levels reaching zero.
- Receiving Purchase Orders into the Tanzania office and Warehouse in NetSuite and the physical materials, and driving the organization and proper storing of inventory items.
- Adding new items to company inventory – mastering item naming taxonomy and driving improvements to our item naming system to increase organization and efficiency.
- Build Assemblies – whenever manufactured products are fully assembled; assembly builds will be done on NetSuite for the same.
- Verifying and making changes to Transfer Orders on NetSuite before a shipment leaves for site.
- Fulfilling Sales Orders or Transfer Orders immediately a shipment leaves the Tanzanian warehouse for a project site.
- Overseeing packing of materials & tools to site and confirming the packing list with the appropriate Install Lead.
- Receiving materials and tools from site. This includes completing the proper documentation for returned materials once a trip returns from the field and noting any missing tools and following up to ensure they are returned.
- Liaise with the Power Assets team and plan for use of both dead stock and procuring of inventory required for upcoming projects.
- Updating documents – all soft copy documents relating to a particular project should be updated to the respective project folder in Dropbox.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Stock counter-check and monthly inventory audits – you are expected to systematically counter check the stock levels in the various locations and ensure that the numbers match what is in the inventory software system.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance i. Monitor and evaluate consumables usage & costs ii. Monitor & evaluate material utilization and scrap
Other tasks and responsibilities may be asked of you – we are looking for a dynamic individual who is willing to help out wherever is needed in a fast-paced growing company.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years’ work experience
- Relevant university degree
- Prior experience in inventory management or related field, with proven skills in using ERP software programs to aide these technical tasks.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing, and improving systems.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English, both in written and oral communications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intelligent and eager to learn.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail a must.
- Hardworking and honest
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible and eager to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
Benefits and Compensation
A competitive package including annual compensation, performance bonuses, health insurance, professional development and team building events. And you'll be working with a dynamic team of people passionate about electrifying East Africa!
Please send resume, cover letter stating the title of the job on the subject line, and any questions to
More can be learned about PowerGen at www.powergen-re.com
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.