Precision Air Services Plc is a fast growing private Tanzanian airline which operates in
Partnership with Kenya Airways, with its strategies to expand wings beyond East Africa and
In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ maximum satisfaction,
we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in this challenging position.
POSITION: CONTRACTS AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER (1 Position)
REPORTS TO: CHIEF LEGAL COUNSEL
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM
- Provides accurate and comprehensive legal advice, legal representation and legal services to the Company;
- Implements, assists, and supports the work functions of the department in meeting Company
- targets, securing and preserving Company interests;
- Perform duties assigned by the Department Head.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare review and finalize contracts for and on behalf of the Company
- Provide timely advice and perform specific requests for review, merging or update on contracts
- Assist the Department Head in contract management
- Develop and maintain register and database of Company Contract
- Attend regulatory and compliance matters impacting the Company business
- Provide advice on relevant standards and procedures on compliance matters
- Perform due diligence on regulatory compliance for the Company
- Monitor and ensure validity and renewal of Company licenses
- Assist with the timely availability and submission of statutory/ government compliance requirements to the various regulatory authorities
- Prepare updates and frequently advice the Company on legal compliance matters
- Provide active and effective oversight of all litigation matters, including maintenance of case reporting system/ records.
- Represent the Company in Court or ADR proceedings
- Receive and manage cases or claim documents from user department or external counsel
- Provide timely and accurate reports on litigation to the Chief Legal Counsel.
- Observe professional etiquette, ethics and conduct
- Perform other duties as and when assigned by the department Head.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCE REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B)
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania (with at least 2 years in legal practice)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Corporate Legal practice in Tanzania (legal aspects of:
- Banking, Company, Finance, Insurance, International Contracts, Tax and Labour)
- A high level of concentration and organization
- Ability to multi tasks, prioritize and manage competing demands;
- Ability to work well and independently and as part of a team
- Computer literate and experienced in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent Communication skills in Kiswahili and English (written and verbal)
- Friendly, professional, enthusiastic and keen to understand about Company operations and functions
- Pays attention to details and keen eye for quality management of work
- Responsible and accountable for own actions.
- 95% of all disputes resolved receive a positive evaluation
- Not more than 3 notices on penalties or defaults on compliance
- Timely delivery of quarterly reports from external Counsels
- Company contracts are fully protective of Company interests and aligned to legal best practices
- Effective legal advice and opinions on an ad hoc basis
- Ability to apply methodical approach to analyzing and rectifying user queries, understanding consequences of actions
- Ability to manipulate and produce required information in timely manner
Not later than 16th of September 2016.
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements please send your application and CV to the address below.
Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
P.O. Box 70770
Dar es Salaam
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.