RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of health services
To oversee and coordinate the quality assurance aspects of the Social franchise programme in network and outreach teams and provide technical support to the zonal and regional staff in the field as needed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to development and regular updates of quality assurance (QA) plan for Tanzania.
- Develop strong knowledge of quality improvement mechanisms in order to suggest improvements to QA systems
- Ensure that all relevant team members involved with quality improvement are familiar with the plan, including field staff (outreach and network) and partners (network providers, hired providers)
- Develop detailed QA implementation plan & schedule related activities at all levels
- Develop adequate material for briefing internal and external stakeholders on QA issues as needed
- Follow strategies defined in QA plan to ensure compliance by internal staff and external partners (providers, owners) with the PSI QA standards within the SF Program
- Develop system to help field teams prepare their supervisory schedule in line withproviders performance and needs and ensure it is used as a planning tool
- Ensure zonal QA coordinators have clear objectives and action plans at each supervisory visit
- Develop database of all referral doctors used by PSI including qualifications, contact details, training background, certification
- Ensure referral doctors are trained on PSI procedures and report on AE and complications adequately
- Actively oversee MCs and support RCH services implementation
- Assists in setting MBOs to MCs. Provides feedback to the semi-annual and annual performance appraisals.
- Ensure compliance in the field of the internal staff manual for RQAS through health services Department
- Review and update SF Manual for providers as needed, distribute and communicate to field teams
- In collaboration with the Training and curriculum Coordinator, build the capacity of RQAs field staff in QA
- Assist in Review and updating delisting procedures (with health services department) and communicate to field teams for action
- Monitor implementation of delisting protocols and report on this monthly to the health services department
- Develop schedule for supervisory visits by HQ to RQAS and outreach teams and define criteria for supervision
- Organize internal QA audits to RQAS and outreach teams at regional office and in sample facilities once per year (using external organization if possible)
- Analyses MCs operations and identifies areas to increase efficiencies in order to meet program targets. Develops activity standards and oversees its implementation.
- Support MCs to move providers up a ladder progression of behaviour
- Actively builds capacity of MCs in PBCC through regular supervision, training and coaching
- Identify capacity building needs and ensure that it is included in capacity building plan.
- Collaborate with pharmacist to ensure proper quality and storage of equipment at the warehouse
3. Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Ensure QA performance assessment tools are updated and utilized to assess & monitor provider performance
- Compile QA reports from the field, analyse content of QA reports and summarize and share recommendations with the health services department for action
- Ensure reports from supervisory visits (HQ to field) are produced in a timely manner and shared with the health services department
- Develop a system for tracking complications and adverse events from the field, and report monthly on results
- Ensure compliance with the reporting protocol for complications and AE
- Provide input into research studies to evaluate and monitor implementation of qualitative improvement actions, such as mystery client surveys, client satisfaction surveys, and focus group discussions
- Provide information regarding QA performance for donor reports as needed in a timely manner
- Prepares MC’s monthly/quarterly/adhoc reports to communicate achievements/lessons learned to management, PSI staff, donors, stakeholders and government
- Ensure successfully scale up/implementation of new project with PBCC component Assist in joint supervision with MoH in private facilities
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Assistant medical officer/medical doctor
- Prior experience having had provided technical oversight in reproductive health: Long acting family planning methods i.e. IUDS and implants plus either of the following: Comprehensive post abortion care services, cervical cancer screening and preventative therapy, malaria case management and diagnostic with MRDTs.
- Training in public health/health systems management
- Knowledgeable and skilled in quality management concepts and mechanisms in resource restricted setting
- 3-5 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Swahili
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly in a fast paced environment
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your updated CV with three contactable professional references and cover letter explaining your interest/motivation to work with PSI to firstname.lastname@example.org, in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications should reach the addressee before Thursday October 6th, 2016.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.