CONSULTANCY SERVICES REQUIRED FOR:
JOB EVALUATION & ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
DATE: 16 SEPTEMBER 2016PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV,
and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and
harnessing the power of markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and
behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead
PSI's core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained
improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and
efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and
empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI
has programs in 67 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
PSI Tanzania, a member of the PSI global network, seeks applications from highly qualified
individuals or organisations to provide Job Evaluation and Organizational Structure consultancy
services. The organization currently employs 247 staff who implement various programs across the
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The overarching objectives of the consultancy are:
- To conduct a detailed job evaluation exercise at PSI Tanzania to ensure that all job positions are appropriately classified and aligned to achieve internal harmony in compensation; and
- To recommend appropriate organizational structure given future funding scenarios.
- Determine the relative value and size of individual jobs under a fair and equitable assessment process by developing an appropriate framework;
- Determine the classification and level of individual job placement based on the job description;
- Establish a framework to establish the levels and salary range for all jobs positions;
- Make recommendations for implementing the results of the evaluation, including proposed ‘best’ organizational structure to reflect said results, future funding scenario and required geographic coverage.
- Complete updated job profiles/descriptions for each job in the organization;
- Recommend ideal organization structure options;
- Recommend an equitable, transparent and competitive salary and benefits structure for all job profiles/descriptions;
- Provide salary and benefits benchmarking to support recommendations for salary and benefits package;
- Provide a report of the job analysis and evaluation process;
- Provide detailed risk analysis associated with proposed recommendations (e.g. legal/tax, etc.);
- Provide proposal to establish internal job evaluation committee to benchmark future positions to proposed structure, as such positions arise, including proposal of composition of job evaluation committee;
- Implementation advice, training and support.
- Obtain an understanding of PSI Tanzania through review of key documents (to be provided);
- Review and update the existing job descriptions;
- Develop and recommend job descriptions for any emerging positions;
- Develop a set of potential organizational structures depending on future funding scenarios;
- Conduct salary and benefits survey and analysis;
- Develop salary and benefits recommendations based on analysis;
- Undertake risk analysis to inform implementation of recommendations;
- Develop recommendations re profile of job evaluation committee;
- Train job evaluation committee members to undertake future job evaluations (as required)
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL
To enable the organization to weigh different proposals and review them, PSI Tanzania needs the
consultant to submit detailed proposals by the indicated timeline. The proposals should include:
TECHINCAL AND FINANCIAL
- Profile of the applicant and comparable reference projects carried out in the last 4 years.
This should include contact details of the organizations worked for.
- Profile of the personnel to be involved in the assignment with details of their qualifications, experience and involvement.
- Proposed work plan including proposed timelines.
- Detailed description of approach, activities and methodologies proposed to achieve the objectives of the assignment.
- The financial proposal should include the total cost of carrying out the assignment.
CRITERIA FOR EVALAUTION OF PROPOSAL
Both the technical and financial proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Firms capacity and experience to carry out the assignment
- Proposed work plan and timelines to completion (timeline: 3-3.5 months)
- Qualifications and relevant experience of key personnel
- Cost, time and proposed payment terms
- The contract should start immediately after the final agreement has been reached with the firm that has been selected.
- PSI Tanzania reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal at any time before the award of the contract and is not bound to declare any reason for such acti
- The cost of preparing and submitting the proposal shall be borne by the bidder and PSI Tanzania will not be liable for any costs incurred in the process.
For any clarification, please contact Grace Mpogolo, Director of HR on telephone number: +255
22 260 2742 (land) or +255 22 260 2745 (land) or +255 754 710 214 (mobile).
Applications should be sent to:
Chairman of the Tender Committee,
PSI Tanzania, PO Box 33500,
Dar Es Salaam
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us NOT later than Friday 16 September 2016.
Only shortlisted firms will be contacted.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.