Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance
solutions. We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive
products that are relevant to our clients. We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have
partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals,
clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy. In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the below position in our Finance Department.
The Assistant Accountant’s overall purpose is to ensure accurate & timely invoicing, receipting and
payment for and on behalf of Resolution Insurance. The position reports functionally to the Finance
The jobholder is expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Timely facilitation of queries to ensure client expectations are met satisfactorily
- Assist the credit control function in correcting errors and omissions on a timely basis
- Monthly Bank reconciliation for all accounts and report on findings
- Timely & Proper filing of all documentation generated
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedule and relevant documentation in a timely manner
- Provide accurate and timely reports of all payables and receivables Payables
- Preparation of payment vouchers, cheques, vendor remittance advise and withholding tax certificates for vendors and service providers
- Maintenance & update of bank details files
- Preparation of audit schedule
- Receive, receipt, post, allocate and reconcile of all monies received by RI either in cash, cheque or MPesa.
- Safeguard and prepare all monies received for banking
- Post Bank charges or reverse failed payments to customers’ accounts following failed payments
- Receive, process and reconcile purchase requisitions from various department and ensure they are in line with the procurement policy
- Process LPOs for approved purchase requisitions and distribute to relevant departments
- Ensure all assets purchased are insured and maintain up to date records on the same
- Monitor suppliers’ performance in relation to delivery timelines, rates and quality
- Process, invoice and reconcile Individual or corporate business in actisure
- Post receipt of payments for business into Accounting System
- Correctly assign broker/agents to policies
- Raise debit/credit notes, interest rates and premium refunds for clients
- Ensure all premiums are fully paid and clients do not have debts before renewing or processing business
- Keep accurate and updated payment/deductions/commissions schedules for agents and brokers
- Run invoices through the ETR machine
- Invoice fund accounts and fund top-ups
- Reallocate receipts to policy holders accounts daily
- Prepare suspension and termination letters for banks on bounced cheques on a timely basis
- Answer queries related to individual/ corporate business from production/commission report
- Ensure complete and accurate bank reconciliation for all cash books
- Post Act-isure receipts and bank charges-journals to pastel
- Prompt banking of cheques, preparation of banking schedules and receipt of IPF cheques
- Ensure that premium is fully paid before processing business to underwriting
- Update IPF cheque register, IPF financing schedule, interest schedule and post manual interest
- To notify underwriting team on accounts that need to be suspended/reinstated members in relation to delayed payments or debts clearance
- Process premium refunds to IPF clients for overpayment or cancelled covers
- Proper filing of records related to RI credit
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least CPA (T) certification
- 3 - 5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office and accounting software especially Sage software
- Experience in an audit firm.
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly
send our documents (CV & Application letter) to email@example.com By COB, Friday, 23rd
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.