Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self-motivated and highly
organized Credit Officer for Group Lending (1 position), to join the Retail and Business
Banking team. The work station is Dar es Salaam.
R eporting Line: Branch Manager (BM) or Branch Operations Manager (BOM)
Locations: Ubungo Branch
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Salary: Commensurate to the Job Advertised
Essen tial Du ties and R esponsibilities:
1. Achieve and maintain the following monthly performance targets:
- At least 340 active clients;
- A portfolio outstanding of at least TZsh. 100 million.
- A portfolio at Risk (PAR) above one day rate not exceeding 2% at all times.
2. Participate in the recovery of written off loans in accordance with TPB’s loan
3. Active mobilization, sensitization, formation and recruitment of economically active
members into the groups as well as promoting a saving culture and savings
mobilization in the groups.
4. Ensure timely loan repayments and security deposit collections in all groups. 5. Ensure that all clients’ loan repayments are accurately posted in the loan tracking
6. Ensure weekly/biweekly/monthly attendance of meetings by all group members
through training and maintenance of attendance registers.
7. Ensure accurate and timely filing of all Group Loan documentation.
8. Ensure effective monitoring of loans through regular visits to clients and manage
delinquency alarm signals by following up on problem clients.
9. Generate and instill solidarity group pressure in each group as the basis of
Co-guarantor ship. 10. Liaise with the Credit Supervisor to ensure speedy payment of claims in event of death calamities.
11. Ensure that all the loan repayment collections are deposited to TPB’s bank account by
the group officials within 12 hours.
12. Ensure that all groups are constantly full through continuous mobilization and timely
replacement of exited clients.
13. Cross sell other TPB’s products and services.
14. Attend any other duties as may be assigned by the Credit Supervisor.
- To serve customer effectively
- Posting transactions
- Coordinate all counter activities while ensuring that quality service is provided to customers
CONTRI BUTES TO
- Customer – Service Delivery/Inquiries
- Efficient and Quality Service to Customers
KEY P ER FORM ANCE INDICATORS
- Customer Satisfaction
- Individual Productivity and Turnaround time
- Minimum Cash Differences
- Accuracy of Transactions Postings
EXPERIENCE AND KNOW LEDGE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree/Advanced Diploma in Banking, Economics, Commerce, Business
Administration, Finance, Accounting from any recognized University or equivalent
Experience: - At least 1 - 3 years of relevant Banking Experience
- Working knowledge of Equinox Functionality
- Computer literate is desirable.
Perform ance Measures
(i) Ensure quality services to customers
(ii) Collection of all commissions, fees and charges at 100%
(iii) Increase of transactions and Deposit values as per strategic plan
(iv) Daily days work balanced, verified and signed
(v) Ensure adherence to TPB core values
(vi) Reconcile all accounts and prepare required reports
(vii) Compliance with service delivery standards
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are
invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications
starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted
during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not
in any way be attached during application.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.