POSTERMASTER GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Tanzania Posts Corporation (TPC)
Tanzania Posts Corporation (TPC) was established in 19,?4 to provide national postal services within the United Republic of Tanzania and between places outside thus linking Tanzania and the world. It is required by law to provide efficient universal quality postal services in the country that meet the industrial, commercial, social and household needs. In accordance with the TPC Act, No. 19 of 1993, the Postmaster General (PMG) of the Corporation shall be appointed by the President and shall be the chief executive officer. The PMG is therefore a person in charge of a Tanzanian post office or network of post offices and shall, subject to the directions of the board of directors, be responsible for the day to day management of the corporation. The PMG shall be an ex-official member of the board.
The PMG has the primary responsibility for the management of the business and affairs of the (TPC). As such, the PMG shall establish the strategic and operational orientation of the corporation and in so doing, provide leadership and vision for the effective overall management, profitability, increasing shareholder value and growth of the corporation for conformity with policies agreed upon by the board. The PMG is directly accountable to the board for all activities of the corporation. .
Working with the board, the PMG will enable the board to fulfill all required public corporation governance functions, will develop an open and .communicative relationship with the board 'providing informal and formal updates on corporation strategy, performance, management direction and decisions, and will lead the stakeholders' relations function by representing the corporation to shareholders as required.
"In serving the general public, Tanzania Posts Corporation desired to be recognized world-wide as an efficient, effective and outstanding public postal enterprise" .
"To provide efficiently universal quality postal services that meet customer expectations"
DUTY DURATION: FIVE YEARS RENEWABLE PERFORMANCE CONTRACT
More specifically in collaboration with the board, the PMG shall have following major duties and responsibilities;
• Create a culture within the corporation that supports the achievement of strategic and operational objectives by ensuring rigor in the recruitment, selection, individual development and the monitoring of executive team members and other senior management personnel, thus ensuring the Company maintains a strong succession plan
• Provide leadership and vision and promote the corporation's goal of profitability and growth in a sustainable and responsible manner.
• Develop an awareness of global trends in the corporation's core lines of operations so as to manage rapid technological developments
Develop and maintain a corporate culture. that promotes integrity and ethical values throughout the organization, fostering a culture of ethical business conduct
Promote and protect the corporation's reputation in its markets and with all customers, communities, and government and regulatory bodies.
Strategy, Risks and Budget
Develop and oversee the execution of, and monitor progress of, the strategic and business plan and the annual operating and capital budgets
Identify, and develop plans to manage, the principal risks with respect to the Corporation and its businesses
Governance and Policies
Oversee the development and implementation of and compliance with, key corporate policies, including policies regarding corporate governance, social responsibility, postage stamps, risk management and financial reporting, as well as compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements
Work in close collaboration with the board chair to determine the scheduling of, and agendas for, meetings of the board and of committees of the board so as to ensure that the board is kept apprised in a timely manner of the business operations and main issues facing the corporation and to ensure there is an effective relationship between management and the members of the board
Approve commitments within the limits of delegated approval authorities from the Board and provide general supervision and management of the day-to-day business and affairs of the Corporation
Serve as the Corporation's chief spokesperson to its principal stakeholders including its shareholders, the financial community, customers, government and regulatory bodies and the public generally
Carry out any other appropriate duties and responsibilities assigned by the board.
• The PMG will act as a direct liaison between the board and management of the corporation and communicates to the board on behalf of management. The PMG also communicates on behalf of the TPC to shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public
• Responsible for determining the strategic direction of the corporation and ensuring that the corporation is profitable
• Supervise the operations of the postal service including the daily business of all incoming and outgoing mail
• Develop, review, implement and refinement of the corporation's business strategy, and execution of that strategy to obtain a leading position in the postal marketplace
• To ensure the corporation is appropriately organized and staffed and will have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy
• To ensure that expenditures of the corporation are within the authorized annual budget of the corporation
• To assess the principal risks of the corporation and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed
• To ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place
• Develop strategic partnerships and ensure that overall revenue and profit goals are achieved and shareholder value is delivered
• To ensure that the corporation has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically
• To ensure that the corporation maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business .
• Be the chief steward of the corporation ensuring the company is well positioned in the public marketplace and building relationships and credibility with outside stakeholders to provide necessary resources to fund operations of the postal services in Tanzania
• Provide high-level strategic and tactical leadership to the board and the management team
• Motivate a high performance, innovative and results-driven organization
• Develop performance measurements and ensure these metrics are achieved
• To keep abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the corporation and all material external factors affecting the corporation and to ensure that processes and systems are in place that the PMG and management of the corporation are adequately informed.
Successful candidates must have competencies in areas of business strategy, customer service, commerce, people management and leadership.
The candidate must have worked for at least 15 years, out of which at least five in a senior level management position.
Candidate with experience in posts, courier, telecommunication, logistics or delivery business is ideal for the post but not mandatory.
The candidate must have a track record of running a successful business, or transforming a business or have been part of the management of a successful institution.
Attractive package in accordance with the Tanzania Postal Corporation packages
Online application, click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.