Domain: Education and Gender Equality
Organizational Unit: UNESCO Office in Tanzania.
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Type of contract: Project Appointment
Annual salary: Singe rate: approx. 81,880 USD
Dependent rate: approx. 87,718 USD
Duration of contract : 1 year with possibility of extension subject to availability
of funds and satisfactory performance
Deadline (midnight, Paris time): 24 October 2016
Application to be sent to: email@example.com
CV Form to be used
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant-Director General for Education, and the direct authority of the Head of the UNESCO Tanzania Office, the incumbent will be involved in the coordination, planning and implementation of the activities within the Joint Programme on Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through Education in Tanzania, funded by
KOICA and other donors. Specifically s/he will:
1. Assure overall operational, programmatic and administrative coordination and implementation of the country programme.
This includes convening joint programme meetings with Participating UN Organizations, coordinating the development of
joint annual work plans, managing the budgetary and administrative aspects of the joint project, and facilitating results-based
monitoring, evaluation and reporting of results, based on the requirements of the joint project included in the project
2. Convene regular coordination meetings with Participating UN Organizations, and establish close coordination with the
ministry of education and other relevant ministries and the national mechanisms for gender mainstreaming/gender equality.
Participate in appropriate national, regional and global forums on gender, education and health, and identify opportunities for
synergies with national policy development, standard setting, and programming in Tanzania.
3. Ensure administrative and logistical management of the project activities in line with UNESCO rules and regulations
supervising thereby the UNESCO project team and working in close collaboration with the Administrative Officer and his team
for the implementation of the project activities. This will include the monitoring of budgets and the provision of risk analyses
and mitigation strategies for the successful implementation of the project.
4. Support Joint Programme communications, including providing inputs for websites, press releases, speeches, presentations,
to raise the visibility of the girls’ and women’s education and the partnerships between UN Women, UNFPA, the donor and
UNESCO. Document lessons learned from the Joint Programme, including approaches, methodologies, tools, success and
challenges, with a view to sustainability, programme scale up and support to south-south-learning and knowledge exchange.
5. Facilitate the development of a transparent inter-agency resource mobilization strategy, and play an active role with Joint
Programme partners in resource mobilization, including proposal developments, submission and follow-up with donors.
6. Complete additional tasks, as required and assigned by the Country Representative of UNESCO Tanzania Office
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent degree) in the field of education, social sciences, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in the field of education, at national or international levels.
- Experience in the development, implementation, management and evaluation of projects and/or programmes in the Field of education.
- Excellent coordination and networking skills, and an ability to build and sustain effective partnerships inside and outside of the Organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to prepare reports and to present in clear and concise ways.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Specialization in girls’ and women’s education.
- Field experience, especially in developing countries.
- Previous experience with the UN System.
- Office management skills and knowledge of accountancy principles to maintain financial records.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills in education, including the ability to provide advice and technical support in education policy, strategic planning and reform.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently and to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries are calculated in US dollars and exempt from income tax. They consist of a basic salary and a post adjustment which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates. Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel, education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your application letter, UNESCO CV, in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application files with the reference “Project Coordinator” will have to reach UNESCO office before 24 October2016 midnight (EAT time).
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
A written test may be used in the evaluation of short-listed candidates.
UNESCO is committed to gender equality in its programming and to gender parity within the Organization. Therefore, women
candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.