Job title: Credit Control Accountant
Reports to: Manager Shared Service
Client: Airline Company
Purpose of the position
To manage and control all company account Receivable ensuring that all company debts are
correctly recorded adequately secured and paid for on time to improve cash flow and minimize
loss through bad debts
Responsibilities & duties
- Check received consignments for completeness and wholesomeness.
- Ensure complete, prompt and correct billing and subsequent dispatch of invoices to the right parties to aid in prompt payment to ensure and increase cash flow and minimize bad debts
- Ensure that commissions offered are correct and authorized.
- Regular follow up of debtors, including personal visits to ensure invoices are paid on due dates. All overdue accounts should be reported monthly and recovery action taken.
- Ensure that all debtors accounts are promptly and properly reconciled to reflect correct balances for fair statement of financial statements
- Prepare weekly/monthly budget and actual report of collections.
- Undertake daily receipts allocations and Prepare monthly debtors’ statement of account including age analysis not later than 8th of every month.
- Liaise with Commercial on processing credit application forms for new customers and Ensure that credit limit is observed and excesses if any should be approved
- Ensure that sales agents comply with the sales contract.
- Review and keep custody of all signed and approved Credit application forms and other contracts with Customers.
- Ensure queries raised by both internal and external customers are resolved in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Provide guidance and support to the staff under supervision to motivate them and enhance morale and productivity.
- Liaise with Internal and external auditor with guidance from Manager Shared Services Reporting on all matters related to audit of account receivables.
- Ensure good filing system is maintained at all times for ease of reference and retrieval of supporting documents to support outstanding debts.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager Shared Services.
- B.com Accounting option/Advanced Diploma in Accounting or related business degree from a reputable Universities.
- CPA, ACCA qualifications or its equivalent
Work experience & skills
- 2 years experience
- Knowledge in ERP will be added advantage.
- Computer skills conversant with MS office applications.
Applications: Send your CV through; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 17 th September 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.