Job title: Contracts and Compliance Officer
Reports to: Chief Legal Counsel
Client: Airline Company
Purpose of the position
- Provides accurate and comprehensive legal advice, legal representation and legal services tothe Company.
- Implements, assists, and supports the work functions of the department in meeting Company targets, securing and preserving Company interests.
Responsibilities & duties
- Prepare review and finalize contracts for and on behalf of the Company
- Provide timely advice and perform specific requests for review, merging or update on contracts
- Assist the Department Head in contract management
- Develop and maintain register and database of Company Contract
- Attend regulatory and compliance matters impacting the Company business
- Provide advice on relevant standards and procedures on compliance matters
- Perform due diligence on regulatory compliance for the Company
- Monitor and ensure validity and renewal of Company licenses
- Assist with the timely availability and submission of statutory/ government compliance requirements to the various regulatory authorities
- Prepare updates and frequently advice the Company on legal compliance matters
- Provide active and effective oversight of all litigation matters, including maintenance of case reporting system/ records.
- Represent the Company in Court or ADR proceedings
- Receive and manage cases or claim documents from user department or external counsel
- Provide timely and accurate reports on litigation to the Chief Legal Counsel.
- Observe professional etiquette, ethics and conduct
- Perform other duties as and when assigned by the department Head.
- Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB)
Work experience & skills
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania (with at least 2 years in legal practice)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Corporate Legal practice in Tanzania (legal aspects of: Banking, Company, Finance, Insurance, International Contracts, Tax and Labour)
Applications: Send your CV through; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 17 th September 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.