Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Jobs at Mwananchi Communications Ltd, Sub Editors General News - The Citizen
Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti, is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the positions of:
Sub Editors General News - The Citizen One Post.
To edit stories, write captions, place pictures and write headlines in conformity with journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style within set deadlines.
• Checks and corrects editorial copy allocated by the Chief Sub-Editor for facts, accuracy, taste, house- style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, and spellings.
• Subs copy to fit allocated space without distorting facts or dispensing with the salient points.
• Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity and style.
• Rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
• Submits the edited copy to the Chief Sub-Editor within set deadlines.
• Makes up the editorial pages as directed by the Chief Sub-Editor.
• Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by 14th September 2016 to;
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
Dar es Salaam.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.