Required Minimum Qualifications:
Possession of a Degree or Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Logistics; Must be registered with PSPBT as Graduate
Procurement and Supplies Professional; At least three years relevant working experience; Conversant with relevant computer packages such as MS Excel; and,
He/She should not be above 45years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation of Annual Procurement Plan of the Company;
- Seeks and obtains relevant information from relevant user departments/sections to ensure there is clarity in the specifications to meet the expectations of the Authority;
- Collaborates with relevant user departments/sections to continually monitor, examine and re-evaluate existing procurement contracts and suggests solutions or remedies;
- Maintains accurate records of purchases and pricing;
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing authority
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Checks and prepares statements of requirements;
- Proposes to the head of Procurement Management proper procurement and disposal by tender procedures by the merits of each procurement activity;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by his/her superiors.
Click HERE to Apply
POSITION TITLE: IT MANAGER
REPORTS TO:CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
The manager will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of the group’s computer systems within limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. The manager will also supervise the implementation and maintenance of the group’s computing needs.
1. Manage & Support IT Infrastructure Systems by providing technical expertise associated with planning, implementation and operations.
2. Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, Databases, Virtualizations, Servers, Storage, Backups, Archiving, Operating Systems, VoIP, applications, and peripherals.
3. Day to day operations monitoring, planning and execute health checks and performance tuning for systems.
4. Manage and ensure timely completion of IT projects and smooth handover to operations.
5. Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all required data.
6. Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
7. Perform regular system capacity planning to ensure that company infrastructure is adequate to handle the requirements of near-term growth, and is aligned with long-term plans.
8. Ensure system uptime, performance, and availability service levels are defined and maintained at target levels at all times for all production systems and backup systems.
9. Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge.
10. Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
11. Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
12. Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, business continuity/disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
13. Manage servers, security solutions, network and infrastructure.
14. Establish and monitor procedures and guidelines for secure configuration of network architecture, firewalls, and routers.
15. Incident response planning and the investigation and prevention of security breaches.
16. Handle annual budgets and ensure cost effectiveness.
17. Manage Disaster Recovery site and ensure redundancy measures have been implemented to permit recovery from single-system failure.
18. Remote monitoring in order to maximize system and network availability and efficiency.
19. Establish and manage remote Site VPN/Site to Site VPN, etc.
20. Create and maintain an infrastructure roadmap to provide the company with redundant, reliable, and highly-available technology infrastructure.
21. Direct response activities and ensure continuous flow of information to all stakeholders during production- affecting incidents.
22. Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
This position is directly responsible for leading IT support personnel of the division and indirectly responsible for all employees within the GSM Group.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel as appropriate to implement strategic HR initiatives, approximately 15%. Some of the travel will be international.
- BSc. In Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field.
- A minimum of 8+ years of IT related experience, international IT experience would be added advantage.
IT Certifications (Added Advantage)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Security+
- Cyberoam Certified Network and Security Practitioner (CCNSP)
Experience and Competencies.
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Expertise in data center management and data governance.
- Hands on experience in computer networks, network administration and network installations.
- Hands-on experience in server administration and management, well-conversant with the creation and enforcement of group policies.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to always think out of the box to resolve issues.
- Ability to manager personnel, ability to mentor and monitor performance and most importantly give back timely feedback.
- Ability to develop positive business relationships internally and externally
- Ethical conduct when accomplishing day to day activities.
Click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.