DEPARTMENT: Repairs & Maintenance
REPORTING TO: General Manager
Job Description/Summary: The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall upkeep and maintenance of the hotel facility and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in electrical/mechanical systems (e.g. HVAC, plumbing) and other hotel equipment.
- Conducting on-going room preventative maintenance program (see maintenance manual for system specifics).
- Reviewing maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctioning mechanical systems and equipment.
- Inspecting property to identify potential and current repairs & maintenance needs.
- Estimating department expenditures for budget purposes and assisting with the capital budget process.
- Soliciting bids from contractors and evaluating their proposals. Once contractor is selected and employed, ensuring work is completed to specifications.
- Coordinating with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Performing preventive maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Completing maintenance logs.
- Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. fungi removal, lawn care, painting).
- Supervising and scheduling of maintenance staff.
- Carry out manager on duty (MoD) role according to MoD duty roster.
- Any other duties assigned by The General Manager
• Holder of Degree/Diploma/Full technician Certificate from recognized institution
• +5 years’ experience working in 4/5* branded property in the role of Chief Engineer/Assistant Engineer/or Teamleader.
• Team player, Guest Oriented and good trainer
• Proper knowledge of Hotel Preventive Maintenance programs
If you find yourself qualified for the post, please submit your detailed resume to Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th October 2016.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.