Monday, 3 October 2016
Job at Simusolar Ltd, Accountant
Simusolar LTD is the Tanzanian subsidiary company whose parent company is
incorporated in the USA. In Tanzania, Simusolar Ltd is headquartered in Mwanza.
Currently, the company is looking for an experienced Accountant to ensure the
integrity of accounting information by researching account issues for compliance
and by establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
The Accountant’s responsibilities include:
Ability to control and collect financial information remotely
Data center for a growing, international organization with multiple branches.
Manage bookkeeping across organization.
Tracking expenses and recording or scanning receipts;
Tracking all capital expenditures and maintaining an asset ledger;
Reconciling books with bank accounts and petty cash;
Ensuring PAYE and SDL taxes are paid on a timely basis;
Conducting monthly payroll, calculation of taxes and withholdings due, and
payment of the same;
Providing monthly reports to the Finance Director that include sales,
expenses, investments (capital expenditures) and dispositions
Prepare journal entries
Complete general ledger operations
Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check
Managing loan portfolio for debtors and debtors control Accounts.
Review and process expense reports
Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and finance or Business Administration
majoring in Accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of International accounting standards.
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Technical accounting skills
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software
- Minimum 3 years full-time accounting experience;
- Certified Xero and/or Quickbooks Online user;
- Mastery of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Proficiency with data entry and bookkeeping;
- Proficiency with PAYE taxes, NSSF and other filings;
- Proficiency with expense policy and management;
- Familiarity with accounting treatment, including IASB and/or GAAP;
- Familiarity with internal audit;
- Fluent in Swahili and English;
- Bonus: current CPA certification
Attention to detail and accuracy
Planning and organizing
Scheduling and monitoring
Great communication skills
Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
Attractive package based on qualifications and experience.
As the hub for Simusolar financial information, you are a critical member of the
team. You will enjoy mentorship from an experienced Finance Director and be able
to develop as a financial manager. You will also be part of a dynamic, growing
organization, meaning you will be part of creating new systems and processes.
To Apply Send Your Email to: info@Simusolar.com
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.